4 bedroom character property for saleMilltown, Nr Lostwithiel
- FOUR BEDROOM BARN CONVERSION
- CAPTIVATING AND VERY SPAIOUS
- QUIET, SEMI-RURAL LOCATION
- LUXURY HOLIDAY LET
- INCOME POTENTIAL
- AMPLE PARKING
- PREVIOUS PLANNING PERMISSION TO CONVERT PIGGERIES
- VIEWING IS ESSENTIAL
A CAPTIVATING AND VERY SPACIOUS 4 BEDROOM BARN CONVERSION in an idyllic location. Holiday let income with potential for an additional conversion to create another holiday let dwelling.
The Location - A wonderful opportunity to acquire a unique and remarkable house with 4 bedrooms, plus former piggeries with permission for an additional conversion. Set in a delightfully quiet, semi-rural location, yet within a small hamlet community, Cow Barn offers the ideal rural setting without isolation. The current owners have used the property as their second home and the property has generated income, having been actively marketed as a luxury holiday home. A beautiful property set in a beautiful location, with delightful towns and villages close by, in this sought after corner of the West Country.
Formerly the ancient capital of the County, Lostwithiel occupies an attractive valley setting and is regarded as one of Cornwalls' most attractive small towns. There are shops for most day to day needs, together with a doctors surgery, modern dental surgery, pubs and award-winning restaurants and access to the beautiful waters of the Fowey River. The town also has a main line Railway Station with links to Paddington, London. Two local schools provide education for primary school age children and there are flights to London from Newquay Airport.
The Property - The spacious and flexible accommodation offers scope for multiple uses and comprises on the Ground Floor:
• Full length Entrance Hall: heated wood flooring and toughened glass panels displaying the original stone floor exposed below.
• Further Internal hall: wooden staircase to first floor, under stairs cupboard below, plus a study area.
• 15m long Kitchen/ Dining Room: A fabulous open plan area which really does form the heart of this handsome home. With a wealth of exposed stonework and beams, featuring a most unusual and impressive central four sided fireplace on a stone and slate plinth creating a marvellous centrepiece. Heated wood and tiled flooring. Fitted light wood units with tiled worktops, integrated dishwasher and fridge, Belfast style sink with chrome period style mixer tap, Rangemaster dual fuel range cooker with matching filter hood over.
• Sitting Room: a super spacious yet snug room with exposed stone work, granite fireplace with wooden lintel, staircase to master bedroom, recessed cupboard, heated wood flooring.
• Linen Room: plenty of storage, containing the controls for the heating etc. underfloor heating.
• Laundry Room: painted wood unit with tiled worktop, Belfast style sink and mixer tap, space and plumbing for washing machine, tumble drier. Boiler. Heated tiled flooring.
• W.C. White wc, Belfast Sink with mixer tap, half tiled walls, extractor fan, underfloor heating.
On the first floor a First Floor:
• Galleried Landing: wooden balustrade landing under a vaulted ceiling, exposed timbers and rooflight. Doors to:-
• Bedroom 2: Vaulted ceiling, exposed timbers and stone, double glazed window, recessed wardrobe, heated wood flooring, sliding door to
• En-suite shower room: Shower enclosure with Mira Excel mixer shower. Wash hand basin and w.c, two heated towel rails, exposed ceiling timbers, roof window, store cupboard, underfloor heating.
• Bedroom 3: Vaulted ceiling, exposed ceiling timbers and stone, double glazed window, recessed wardrobe, heated wood flooring, sliding door to
• Jack and Jill En-suite Bathroom: White panel bath with Mira Excel Shower over, his and hers wash hand basins, concealed cistern w.c, two heated towel rails, exposed ceiling timbers, two roof windows, store cupboard, underfloor heating, extractor fan, door to:-
• Bedroom 4: Vaulted ceiling exposed ceiling timbers and stone, roof window, recessed wardrobe, heated wood flooring, door to landing.
• Master Bedroom: stairs from the sitting room lead past the Wine Store and store cupboard to a door opening to “The Old Stables”. This stunning room has a high vaulted ceiling with exposed timbers, dual aspect windows overlooking the garden, heated wood flooring, fitted wardrobes, door to:-
• En-suite Bathroom: Shower enclosure with Mira Excel mixer shower. White panel bath with period style chrome mixer tap and hand shower attachment, his and hers wash hand basins, white w.c, two heated towel rails, exposed ceiling timbers, roof window, window to the front. Fully tiled walls, extractor fan.
Outside - To the front are two lawned areas and just outside the front door is a large granite chipped terrace, smaller cobbled terrace and plenty of gravelled parking. A path leads from the front door to the huge main lawn, lined with ancient trees, bamboos and rhododendrons, concealing lots of hidden corners. A large yard close to the house provides:-
• Cart House: The former cart house has been converted to provide a Tractor Shed (15’ x 13’), Car Port (15’ x 13’3”) with access to store over the Garage (14’4 x 10’3”), with double doors and a window.
• Piggeries: currently used as walled courtyards for romantic alfresco dining, planning permission was granted in 2001 (now lapsed) for conversion to an additional holiday let dwelling.
Local Authority - Cornwall Council, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 5DR
Services - None of the services, systems or appliances at the property have been tested by the Agents.
Viewing - Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents: May Whetter & Grose, Estuary House, Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AH. Tel: 01726 832299 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Epc Exempt -
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60303955.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27006098. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by May Whetter & Grose, Fowey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.