3 bedroom character property for saleMilltown, Nr Lostwithiel
A STUNNING AND UNIQUE THREE BEDROOM BARN CONVERSION set in a quiet semi-rural hamlet close to Lostwithiel. Holiday let income track record.
The Location - Formerly the ancient capital of the County, Lostwithiel occupies an attractive valley setting and is regarded as one of Cornwalls' most attractive small towns. There are shops for most day to day needs, together with a doctors surgery, modern dental surgery, pubs and award-winning restaurants and access to the beautiful waters of the Fowey River. The town also has a main line Railway Station with links to Paddington, London. Two local schools provide education for primary school age children and there are flights to London from Newquay Airport.
The Property - Situated just a short distance from Lostwithiel, an impressive and delightful detached Grade II listed 3 bedroom house, which has been imaginatively converted. Extensively and painstakingly restored and rebuilt with no expense spared, the owners have created an exceptional property from a collection of farm buildings including the Threshing Barn, Bull Pen, Water Mill and Granary, standing on reputedly the tallest staddle stones in Cornwall.
From the driveway a short flight of granite steps lead up to the front door which opens to the first floor:
• Open Plan Kitchen/ Dining/ Living Room: a spectacular room with a real wow factor, imaginatively converted to make a real feature of the remarkable vaulted ceiling and exposed stonework and granite, flooded with light through the traditional and roof windows. Heated flooring throughout. Double sided wood burner in the centre of the room. A delight is the window looking into the preserved workings of the Grist Mill and waterwheel. The kitchen comprises a range of fitted light wood units with woodblock worktops, integrated dishwasher and fridge, and freezer, Belfast style sink with chrome period style mixer tap, Rangemaster dual fuel range cooker with matching filter hood over. Generous space for dining table and chairs. From here a wooden staircase leads to Ground Floor. At the far end of the room a door opens to
• Master Bedroom: “The Old Granary” is approached through its own glass hall, cleverly architect designed to connect the two buildings. Plenty of windows making a very light room, lovely vaulted ceiling, stable door giving access to the garden, fitted wardrobe. The original grain bins have been ingeniously upcycled into the
• En-suite shower room: Shower with enclosure with Mira Excel mixer shower, extractor fan and heated towel rail. Wash Room: white wash hand basin, w.c., extractor fan and heated towel rail.
On the ground floor:
• Hall: Heated cobblestone floor, timber posts supporting beamed ceiling, stable door to main drive, large cupboard, door to:-
• Bedroom Two: Window with deep sill, further window, both with granite surrounds and wood lintels. Heated wood flooring, timber supports, fitted wardrobe, door to:-
• En-suite Wet Room: Heated tiled floor wet room, Mira Excel Shower, white wash hand basin, white w.c., extractor fan and heated towel rail.
• Bedroom Three: A charming room with vaulted ceiling, exposed timbers, stone and granite walls, heated wood flooring, glazed doors opening to cobbled courtyard, high level window with granite sill.
• Bathroom: White suite comprising panel bath with period style chrome mixer tap and hand shower attachment, wash hand basin, white w.c, heated towel rails, exposed ceiling timbers, fully tiled walls, extractor fan.
• Laundry: White tiles worktops with tiled splashbacks, stainless steel sink with mixer tap, space and plumbing for washing machine and dryer, high level window, heated tile floor.
• Boiler Room: Worcester boiler, linen cupboard, store cupboard and worktop, tiled floor.
Outside - The property benefits from a large covered area beneath the Granary used for storing wood and garden items, and a lovely private lawned garden, perfect for outdoor dining, surrounded by mature hedging and walling. From bedroom three, double doors open to a cobbled courtyard. A cobbled driveway offers parking for several cars.
Viewing - Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents: May Whetter & Grose, Estuary House, Fore Street, Fowey, Cornwall, PL23 1AH. Tel: 01726 832299 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services - None of the services, systems or appliances at the property have been tested by the Agents.
Local Authority - Cornwall Council, 39 Penwinnick Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 5DR
Epc Exempt -
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60303982.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27006103. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by May Whetter & Grose, Fowey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.