3 bedroom detached house for saleThe Green, Calbourne, Isle of Wight
- Beautiful Grade II listed chocolate box cottage
- Attractive & mature gardens surrounding the home
- A wealth of character features throughout
- Two large reception rooms plus office if needed
- Fantastic country walks on your doorstep
- Driveway parking & garage
- EPC energy rating F (24)
This beautiful thatched cottage is sat centrally on its large plot and offers well stocked gardens that surround the home. A labour of love for the current owners the gardens have been created to provide a wealth of blooms throughout the year, and various seating areas to enjoy throughout the day.The cottage is grade two listed, and situated in a picturesque location with similar style homes. The village pub is just a short walk away and there are superb country walks right on your doorstep.The property itself offers two well-appointed reception rooms which both offer attractive character features as well as a superb vantage point over the surrounding gardens. The dining area retains its beautiful inglenook fireplace and has exposed beams, and the lounge area leads through to additional sitting area, which could be an ideal office space for its new owners. The kitchen area has been furnished with ample cupboard space and has dual aspect windows overlooking the gardens. In addition, there is a separate utility room to keep noisy appliances hidden away, and a sympathetic but modern bathroom suite.The first floor of the home has three good size bedrooms, offering ample space for freestanding furniture. There are also stairs leading up to a large loft space ideal as additional storage.The main entrance to the property is accessed via a gated pathway which meanders’ through the mature gardens allowing you to appreciate the love and thought that has been taken in nurturing the outside space. At the rear of the property there is a large driveway with a single garage which is used as a workshop by the current owners, and also screens a vegetable patch and compost area, which is hidden from the main house by mature trees.For any buyers seeking a perfect chocolate box cottage in a desirable location with easy access to amenities and on the doorstep of fantastic country walks, this property really does offer it all.
What the Owner says:
The solidarity of residing in a stone property under thatch brings a special tranquil silence, coupled with the joy of ambling around the garden - experiencing the scent from the shrubs and flowers, and assorted birdsong's is just exquisite and a solace to behold.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Kitchen Area: 14'1 x 8'9 (4.30m x 2.67m)
- Dining Area: 15'3 x 13'1 (4.65m x 3.99m)
- Utility Room: 8'1 x 6'6 (2.47m x 1.98m)
- Lounge Area: 13'1 x 13'1 (3.99m x 3.99m)
- Sitting Area: 9'11 x 7'3 (3.02m x 2.21m)
- FIRST FLOOR
- Bedroom 1: 12'10 x 12'10 (3.91m x 3.91m)
- Bedroom 2: 9'8 (2.95m) x 8'6 (2.59m) narrowing to 5'1 (1.55m)
- Bedroom 3: 14'0 x 7'2 (4.27m x 2.19m)
- Front Garden
- Off Road Parking
- Rear Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901350. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.