2 bedroom semi-detached house for salePark Road, Lifton, Devon, PL16
- Charming 2 bedroom semi-detached character cottage.
- Having a wealth of original features throughout.
- Having been extensively improved by the current owner.
- Generous sized lounge/dining room.
- Light and airy kitchen with integrated and free standing appliances.
- Well-appointed ground floor shower room/WC.
- Extensive, well enclosed and well-manicured rear garden with two stone stores.
- Located conveniently for comprehensive village facilities with a strong community with many groups and clubs for all ages.
- No forward chain.
Church Cottage is believed to date back to the middle part of the 18th century and was formerly a workers cottage for the nearby Lifton Park Estate. The residence which has been in the ownership of our client since 2011, has been significantly improved and would no doubt suit a wide variety of purchasers looking to settle in this very active and accessible village community.
Beyond the exterior lies the well-proportioned accommodation which includes a generous lounge/dining room with the lounge area featuring an attractive fireplace with wooden lintel and inset clome oven, with a wood burning stove which was installed a few years ago. Moving through the light and airy kitchen is well equipped with a range of matching cream fronted wall and base units with an electric hob and oil fired Rayburn. We are informed that the free standing refrigerator, freezer and washing machine will remain as part of the sale. The kitchen has direct access out to the gardens with an outside seating area perfect for dining throughout the warmer months. Concluding the ground floor is the modern high quality shower room/WC which has a large shower tray with a mains shower unit and a tiled floor.
On the first floor there are two bedrooms with the master bedroom having built in wardrobes and an extensive range of fitted bedroom furniture. Both bedrooms receive plenty of natural light and can enjoy a view over roof tops towards Dartmoor National Park. Church Cottage benefits from UPVC double glazed windows and warmth is generated from both the oil fired Rayburn and supplemented by night storage heating and the wood burner in the lounge.
The large extensive and mature gardens are a major feature of the cottage. They consist of a number of different seating areas with paths meandering through a wide variety of shrubs, bushes and colourful perennials. There is a small ornamental pond, further grassed area and at the top of the garden a raised patio which encapsulates the outstanding outlook back towards the cottage and the peaks of Dartmoor National Park. There are also two useful stone outbuildings with tiled roofs providing useful storage. Throughout the garden the back drop of the Church Tower can be seen.
Lifton which boasts two hotels, County Primary School, Parish Church, Doctors Surgery and General Store/Sub-Post Office. The ancient former market town of Launceston lies approximately 5 miles to the west and boasts a range of shopping, commercial, educational and recreational facilities and lies adjacent to the A30 trunk road which gives access to Truro and West Cornwall in one direction and Exeter and beyond in the opposite direction.
From Launceston town centre proceed along the A388 (Western Road). Just before reaching Pennygillam Roundabout turn left along the A30 signposted Okehampton/Exeter. Continue for approximately 3 miles and take the left hand exit signposted Lifton/Liftondown/Lewdown. Proceed into the village of Lifton continuing just past the Post Office on the left hand side, taking the right hand turning into Duntz Hill. Continue up into Park Road where No.2 will be identified on the right hand side marked with a Webbers For Sale Board.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60517099.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAU170176. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Webbers Property Services, Launceston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.