4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleLauriston, Newlyn Road, Melrose, Scottish Borders, TD6
- Tremendous position in a much sought after location
- Entrance vestibule and hall
- Drawing room, Dining room, Family room, Conservatory
- Kitchen/breakfast room, Cloakroom/laundry room
- 4 Double bedrooms
- Bedroom 5/Study
- Family bathroom
- Front and rear garden
- Off street parking
The picturesque town of Melrose is located between the distinctive Eildon Hills and the world famous River Tweed in the heart of the Scottish Borders.
Melrose is a thriving small market town which includes a wide variety of independent shops, restaurants and hotels, a health centre and professional services plus local and independent primary level schools. The Borders General Hospital,
which provides comprehensive medical facilities for the whole region is less than 1.5 miles away.
The Scottish Borders Railway with a station in nearby Tweedbank provides excellent access by rail to Edinburgh. Both the A68 and A7 trunk roads are within easy reach and provide good road links to the north and south.
Newlyn Road is situated just a few minutes walk above Melrose town centre and is an established residential cul-de-sac of similar sized properties.
Lauriston is situated on the south side of Newlyn Road. It is a period, two storey, semi-detached house built approximately 125 years ago. The house sits in an elevated position from which is has outstanding views over Melrose, Gattonside and the
Lauriston is a handsome house providing flexible family sized accommodation. The house is of traditional stone construction under a pitched slate roof. It maintains many of its original features
including sash and case windows and cornice work. The drawing room at the front of the house boasts a bay window which makes the most of the beautiful
views. The kitchen/breakfast room has been recently modernised to a high standard.
Lauriston further benefits from a large, floored attic accessed by a “Ramsay” style ladder. This area provides an excellent additional storage space with scope for extending the current accommodation.
To the front of the house is a decorative garden and off street parking for at least 3 cars. To the rear of the house is a secluded and sheltered terrace plus an enclosed area laid to lawn surrounded by established trees and borders.
EPC Rating = E
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60615616.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference GAL170058. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Galashiels - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.