2 bedroom character property for saleLombard Street, Old Portsmouth
Withdrawn from Market
- Grade II* 17th Century Listed End of Terrace House
- Large Double Aspect Living Room
- Modern Integrated Kitchen/Diner
- Cellar with Tudor Features
- Shower Room, En-suite Shower and Cloakroom
- Ground Floor Courtyard and Raised Terrace
- Many Original Character Features
- Favoured Old Portsmouth Location
This attractive Grade II* Listed period two bedroom corner house is located in one of the most delightful rows of period properties in the Old Portsmouth Conservation area. The house is adjacent to Portsmouth Cathedral and a only a short walk from the Camber (where the fishing boats and fishmongers frequent), Gunwharf Quays and the Ferry port to the Isle of Wight. Old Portsmouth has some of the oldest existing buildings in Portsmouth and Southsea with the Hot Walls craft centre, Round and Square towers that formed part of the original fortifications for the City. Spice Island is where the pubs are that overlook the Harbour and Gunwharf Quays. Historically, the property, amongst other uses was formerly an ale-house known as 'The Ruby' which dated back to the 16th century with Tudor features in the cellar. but the existing house dates back to the mid to late 17th Century. The unusual Dutch Gables are possibly due to Dutch Engineers who added the top floor of the property. The stucco plasterwork outside was a later addition. The accommodation comprises a split level entrance hall, 'L' shaped living room with double aspect sash windows, various cupboards, a downstairs cloakroom, and an 'L' shaped modern kitchen/diner with built-in appliances and direct access to a very small courtyard area. Stairs from the hall lead down to the original cellar (with restricted head height) that would have been the beer cellar for the pub. The first floor has the main bedroom, fitted wardrobe cupboards to the landing and access to the sunny terrace which sits over the kitchen, Stairs then lead up to the top floor where there is a main shower room and a second bedroom with en-suite shower room. The property is gas centrally heated. Please ring us to view the property at your earliest convenience.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3838245. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fry & Kent, Southsea Sales & Lettings. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.