3 bedroom character property for saleMain Road, Alverstone, Sandown, Isle of Wight
- Fantastic renovation opportunity
- Extensive grounds with a river, original weir & pump house
- Various outbuildings which include garages & workshops
- Beautiful & tranquil setting
- Two 36ft reception rooms, three / four bedrooms plus a study
- Ample off road parking
- EPC energy rating D (57)
This substantial property offers a fantastic opportunity to its new owner. The property has been extended over the years and has versatile and flexible accommodation over three floors. Its position and location in the village of Alverstone, is idyllic with country side walks on your doorstep and extensive grounds that accompany the home. The river runs through the grounds and has the original weir, sluice and pump house within the grounds. The surrounding gardens have been manicured by the current owners to provide a wealth of mature shrubs, trees and a pretty flower garden and sitting area at the main entrance of the home. The balance of acreage has been left to create a wild garden which borders the popular cycle track and encourages the flora and fauna so affluent in this location. The property offers various outbuildings which screen the home from the country lane. There are three single garages and a large workshop and store. There are two five bar gates to enter the home from the road which are linked by a gravel driveway offering extensive parking. Entering the home through its attractive porch you are lead into an entrance vestibule with ample space for coats and shoes. Currently from here there is a ground floor shower room which could serve as a utility room to this wonderful properties new owners. The kitchen is a good size and is currently fitted with extensive units and still retains a hatch through to the vast lounge area on the ground floor. This reception room is extremely large measuring 36ft wide and offering exposed beams and a feature inglenook fireplace. From here there is access to the first floor, leading you up to a very similar sized room, again offering fantastic character features. A study has been built on to this room at some time and has dual aspect windows overlooking the pretty entrance of the home. There is a passage way from here which takes you to a large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a separate modern kitchen space and what is currently used as another living room which offers a balcony overlooking the river and the attractive gardens - this area could be an ideal annex. This house is a unique opportunity to buy a home of historic value in a blissful location.
Please refer to the footnote regarding the services and appliances.
- GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance Porch
- Entrance Hall
- Kitchen: 14'5 x 11'8 (4.40m x 3.56m)
- Shower Room
- Lounge Area: 36'7 x 15'3 (11.16m x 4.65m)
- Family Room: 36'7 x 15'3 (11.16m x 4.65m)
- Study: 12'11 x 11'9 (3.94m x 3.58m)
- Bedroom 1: 16'2 x 10'6 (4.93m x 3.20m)
- En-Suite Bathroom
- Living Room / Bedroom 4: 16'2 x 11'4 (4.93m x 3.46m)
- Kitchen: 12'4 x 6'11 (3.76m x 2.11m)
- Bedroom 2: 17'4 x 13'1 (5.29m x 3.99m)
- Bedroom 3: 14'6 x 9'7 into fitted cupboard (4.42m x 2.92m)
- Ample Parking
- 3 x Single Garages
- Pump House & Weir
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901352. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.