2 bedroom flat for sale22/5 West Savile Terrace, Newington, Edinburgh, EH9 3EA
Withdrawn from Market
- Beautifully-presented, two-bedroom, second-floor flat, set in a traditional stone-built tenement.
- Located on a residential street in the desirable Newington area, south of Edinburgh city centre.
- Comprises an; entrance hall, living room, kitchen, kitchen/breakfast room, two double bedrooms, a box room and a bathroom.
- Features within this flat include extensive original features, uPVC double glazed windows, gas central heating, a secure entry system, and TV and telephone points.
- Externally, there is an established and well-maintained communal garden to the rear, with unrestricted on-street parking in the surrounding areas.
- Home Report available online.
This is a spacious, bright, second-floor flat situated in a well maintained traditional tenement, a short distance from Mayfield Road, with easy access to the city centre, the main University of Edinburgh campus and King's Buildings, and excellent shopping in nearby Morningside and Cameron Toll. In addition, there are regular buses travelling to and from the centre of Edinburgh and out towards the Royal Infirmary Hospital.
The well maintained accommodation, all in excellent decorative order throughout, comprises an entrance hall with a spacious cupboard, bay windowed lounge with panoramic views over Arthur's Seat, large boxroom, two double bedrooms, bathroom with Mixer Shower, fitted kitchen/breakfast room with spacious cupboard, and utility room/kitchenette.
The open entrance hallway comprises of a glazed and panel front door, with a light window above the common stair. With laminate flooring, a high level meter cupboard and a deep, walk-in shelved cupboard, the hallway also comprises a security entry phone mounted to the wall.
The property benefits from a spacious lounge, with bay windows and panoramic views over Arthur's Sea and the Edinburgh skyline. The room consists of a hearth and coal effect gas fire, pendant and wall lights with dimmer switch, a radiator and telephone and TV points. As well as two carpeted double bedrooms to the front and back of the property with decorative fireplaces and radiators, there is also a generously sized box room with shelving and storage. The bathroom features a traditional three piece white suite with a pedestal wash basin, mixer over-bath shower, tiled floor, tiled splashbacks and a ladder radiator. The south-facing, spacious kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a tiled floor, traditional units with laminate worktops, a stainless steel sink and tiled splashbacks. Included is also a walk-in larder and wine rack units. Appliances include a gas cooker, extractor hood and washing machine. The kitchen/breakfast room also has ample space for dining furniture. The property benefits from a rear utility room/kitchenette with base and wall units, tiled surrounds and tiled flooring. In addition, this room comprises plumbing for an automatic washer/dryer and a wall-mounted Vailant Combi Central Heating Boiler. The property benefits from gas-fired central heating and full double glazing with sash and case windows. There is also a large, shared garden located to the rear of the building and unrestricted on-street parking.
All fitted carpets and curtains are included in the sale, together with a number of kitchen appliances. Additional items of furniture and equipment may be available for separate purchase.
Newington lies roughly two miles south of the city centre, and provides a number of local amenities for everyday needs, offering a variety of specialist shops, and a vibrant atmosphere of bars, restaurants, and cafes. The popular Cameron Toll Centre also offers a selection of high-street shops, and a Sainsbury's superstore. A convenient location for Edinburgh University, The Royal Infirmary and the Scottish Parliament, there are also many open green-spaces including Holyrood Park and Arthur's Seat, Blackford Hill and The Meadows together with the Royal Commonwealth Pool, formerly a venue for the Commonwealth Games. Well-regarded schooling is available at all levels within the area, and a regular public transport service provides easy access to and from the city centre.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1893608. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.