2 bedroom detached house for saleHellandbridge, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30
- With garden frontage on the River Camel
- Retaining considerable charm and character
- Well planned two bedroom accommodation, both en-suite
- Electric wet system central heating to radiators
- A beautiful kitchen with range of fitted appliances
- Ceramic floor tiling to en-suite shower rooms
- New slate floors to kitchen and parts of hall
- Unvented pressurised hot water storage system
- Parking for two cars
Horseshoe Cottage is a very old property of considerable charm that we understand was originally the Toll House for the adjoining bridge at Hellandbridge. The property has the benefit of riparian rights to fish from the river bank forming part of the garden.
The restoration of the property has been carefully undertaken and has included complete remodelling of the accommodation layout by our clients architects, well known for their high quality work in building restoration in Cornwall. Works included complete removal and re-slating on the roofs and now offers two bedroom accommodation both with en-suite facilities as well as an additional cloakroom and w.c. The open plan reception room and kitchen is presented with considerable style and the luxury kitchen incorporates solid granite worktops and some fitted appliances.
The setting of the property is quite delightful and within about ten minutes drive of the centre of the larger town of Bodmin and about five minutes drive from the A30 trunk road, giving quick access to other parts of the country. The property is within 50 yards of the Camel Trail which is well known and extends from Wenfordbridge just below St Breward on the edge of Bodmin Moor to the north and then extending past Bodmin and Wadebridge, leading through to Padstow on the north Cornwall coast.
The lovely gardens run down to the river with mature trees on the bank and French doors from the reception room lead onto a terrace looking towards the river. To the rear there is parking for two cars.
There are about twelve miles of fishable water and most is in the hands of the two main clubs, the Bodmin Anglers Association and the Wadebridge and District Angling Association. There are also a number of private riparians and a few private fisheries.
The whole river and many of the tributaries are designated as a SSSI and cSAC with the Atlantic Salmon and the Otter the two principal species; and the anglers welcome both.
From Bodmin take the A389 towards Wadebridge for approximately 2 miles and then turn right onto the B3266 towards Camelford. After another mile or so turn right towards Helland and continue down the hill to Hellandbridge. Go over the bridge and you will see the cottage on the right hand side. The entrance drive is on the higher side of the adjacent property, The Forge.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60990746.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BOD090050. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Webbers Property Services, Bodmin. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.