2 bedroom semi-detached house for saleWest Road, Bridport
Parkers are delighted to offer this wonderful two double bedroom semi-detached cottage, boasting fabulous far reaching views sea views towards the Golden Cap peninsular and the iconic Colmers Hill. Offering a wealth of character features and beautifully presented throughout, the property includes an entrance porch, sitting room with multi-fuel burner, separate dining room, well-fitted kitchen and modern family bathroom. The cottage benefits from a detached single garage with off-road parking and well maintained landscaped garden to the rear. EPC rating D.
Situation - Sundown Cottage is located on the outskirts of the highly sought after villages of Symondsbury and Chideock, approximately 2 miles west of the vibrant market town of Bridport and 16 miles west of the county town of Dorchester. The property is situated off the A35 trunk road, which runs between Southampton and Honiton, and is in close proximity to a wealth of amenities. Symondsbury offers a public house (the Ilchester Arms), church, pottery and primary school while Chideock boasts a general store, sub-Post Office, churches, local inns (The Clock, The Anchor) , and a frequent bus service to Bridport. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty of rolling countryside and wonderful beaches, the region is renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Within the Bridport boundary also lies West Bay, an idyllic fishing village situated on the famous Jurassic Coastline, designated a National Trust World Heritage Site.. Local facilities include a post office, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum.
Accommodation - Sundown Cottage is a beautifully presented semi-detached cottage, which boasts a wealth of character reflected in the beamed ceilings, exposed original flooring, part panelled walls and deep window sills. Boasting fabulous far reaching sea views towards Golden Cap and the iconic Colmers Hill, this wonderful home offers an entrance porch with tiled flooring and useful hanging rail, and a spacious front aspect sitting room featuring a focal multi-fuel burning stove set in to the open fireplace. There is a large separate dining room enjoying views towards the rear garden and a well-fitted kitchen to include integral Beco oven, ceramic electric hob with extractor hood over, stainless steel sink, splash-back tiling, with space and plumbing for a slim-line dishwasher and washing machine. The first floor offers two good sized double bedrooms, both benefiting from built-in wardrobes, and a stylish modern family bathroom. The interior decor is clean and neutral throughout and in keeping with the style of the cottage. To the outside there is a delightful well maintained garden, mainly laid to lawn with an abundance of mature shrubs and trees, paved patio areas ideal for al-fresco dining in the warmer months, with stone pathways and flower borders. There is a detached single garage and off-road parking for two-three vehicles. EPC rating D.
Key Features - * Beautifully presented two double bedroom semi-detached character cottage.
* Spectacular panoramic sea views towards Golden Cap and the iconic Colmers Hill.
* An abundance of character features to include exposed ceiling beams and floorboards, part panelled wood walls and deep window sills.
* Oak effect laminate flooring to sitting room and dining room.
* Well fitted kitchen with integral Beco oven, ceramic electric hob and extractor hood.
* Gas fired central heating throughout, with part UPVC double glazed and wood single glazed windows.
* Spacious front aspect sitting room with feature fireplace housing a multi-fuel burning stove.
* Large separate dining room enjoying views over the rear garden.
* Built-in wardrobes to the master bedroom with stylish modern family bathroom to the first floor.
* Plentiful storage space with porch, under stairs and landing cupboards.
* Delightful private enclosed gardens, mainly laid to lawn with established trees, shrubs, flower borders and paved patio areas perfect for al-fresco dining during the warmer months.
* Easy access to idyllic country walks via bridal pathways to local landmarks including Colmers Hill, coastal path and beaches located at Seatown, Eype and West Bay.
* Situated close to the Jurassic Coast between Bridport and Lyme Regis.
Room Dimensions - 3.86m x 1.91m (12'8 x 6'3) - Ground Floor:
Sitting Room: 13'0 x 12'0 (3.96m x 3.66m)
Dining Room: 16'03 x 6'02 (4.95m x 1.88m)
Kitchen: 12'0 x 8'08 (3.66m x 2.64m)
Bedroom One: 12'03 x 11'06 (3.73m x 3.51m)
Bedroom Two: 12'03 x 8'09 (3.73m x 2.67m)
Bathroom: 12'08 x 6'03 (3.86m x 1.91m)
Services - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating. Broadband and satellite are also available.
Local Authorities - West Dorset District Council, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1UZ Tel: 01305 251010
We are advised that the council tax band is C.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01308 420111
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61041328.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27170953. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.