4 bedroom detached house for saleQuarr Lane, Bridport
Parkers are delighted to market this unique family home boasting sensational panoramic views over Bridport and the rolling hills of West Dorset towards the world renowned Jurassic Coastline. Situated within close proximity to the iconic Colmers Hill, the property is set in beautiful gardens and grounds of approximately one acre and boasts spacious and versatile accommodation throughout, including four bedrooms, three reception rooms, an open-plan kitchen/breakfast room, two bathrooms and an office. There is also a summerhouse with hot tub, a double and a single garage, and plentiful off-road parking. EPC rating E.
Situation: - Rock Hopper is located a short distance away from Bridport town centre, on the outskirts of the highly sought after location of Symondsbury, a village and civil parish in south west Dorset, just 1.5 miles west of Bridport and 16 miles west of the county town of Dorchester. The village is located just to the north of the A35 trunk road, which runs between Southampton and Honiton. The village has a public house (the Ilchester Arms), a church, a pottery and a primary school. The village is the head of Symondsbury Parish which extends from Eype and West Cliff (West Bay) in the south to the Marshwood Vale in the north. The village is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, the local area is renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Within the Bridport boundary also lies West Bay, an idyllic fishing village situated on the famous Jurassic Coastline. Local facilities include a post office, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum.
Accommodation: - This spacious four bedroom detached family home boasts stunning uninterrupted panoramic views over the surrounding countryside and towards the iconic Colmers Hill. Laid out over two floors and set on a substantial plot of approximately one acre, the property comprises a light and airy dual aspect sitting room enjoying views over the garden and benefiting from a natural stone feature fireplace and exposed ceiling beams, open-plan kitchen/breakfast room and separate dining room. UPVC double glazed throughout, solid fuel central heating system and hot water supplied via Rayburn, together with independent hot water supply via electric immersion heater located under the house. The versatile accommodation also includes an office room, sun room with log burning stove and separate WC, together with two good size bedrooms both with en-suite toilet and washing facilities, and an additional bathroom to the ground floor. The first floor offers two double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes, a family bathroom and a spacious landing. The gardens are a key feature to the property. They have been beautifully maintained and are mainly laid to lawn hosting a plethora of established trees and shrubs, with a raised sun terrace, pergola and built-in bar-be-cue, ornamental pond, a well with plentiful fresh water, and timber summerhouse housing a hot tub. There is a double garage, separate single garage and plentiful off-road parking. EPC rating E.
Key Features: - * A spacious and versatile family home enjoying an elevated position, set on a large plot of approximately one acre.
* Offering breath taking views over Bridport and the surrounding countryside towards Colmers Hill
* Four good size bedrooms laid out over two floors
* Double aspect sitting room boasting views over the gardens, with an attractive natural stone recess fireplace and exposed ceiling beams.
* Open plan kitchen/breakfast room with adjoining utility room, together with a separate dining room and sun room benefiting from a log burning stove.
* Separate office room and en-suite washing facilities to the two bedrooms located on the ground floor, together with an additional bathroom.
* Two double bedrooms to the first floor, both with built-in wardrobes, a family bathroom and spacious landing area.
* Timber summerhouse benefiting from a hot-tub.
* Wonderful lawned gardens hosting an abundance of mature trees, shrubs, flowers borders, ornamental pond and raised sun terrace perfect for al-fresco dining during the warmer months.
* Double garage with plentiful off-road parking, and an additional third garage
* Situated on the outskirts of Bridport town centre and nearby to the quintessential village of Symondsbury.
Room Dimensions: - 3.71m x 3.00m (12'2 x 9'10) - Ground Floor:
Sitting Room: 22'07 x 12'07 (6.88m x 3.84m)
Kitchen/Breakfast Room: 25'09 x 18'07 (7.85m x 5.66m) maximum
Utility Room: 7'07 x 4'11 (2.31m x 1.50m)
Office: 15'11 x 7'10 (4.85m x 2.39m)
Sun Room: 14'08 x 14'02 (4.47m x 4.32m)
Bedroom One: 16'09 x 14'03 max (5.11m x 4.34m max)
Bedroom Four: 14'03 x 9'02 (4.34m x 2.79m)
Bathroom: 11'10 x 8'03 (3.61m x 2.51m)
Landing: 21'04 x 9'05 max (6.50m x 2.87m max)
Bedroom Two: 19'09 x 18'09 max (6.02m x 5.72m)
Bedroom Three: 16'09 max x 13'09 (5'11 max x 4.19m)
Bathroom: 12'02 x 9'10 (3.71m x 3.0m)
Services: - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Solid fuel central heating via Rayburn. Broadband is also available.
Local Authorities: - West Dorset District Council. South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset. DT1 1UZ. Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is E.
Viewings: - Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01308 420111
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61114612.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27183939. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.