7 bedroom detached house for saleCopthorne Road, Felbridge, East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Reception hall, dining room, drawing room, library, family room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, wine cellar, shower room, cloakroom
- Master bedroom suite with dressing room and nursery/study, 6 further bedrooms (3 with ensuite bathrooms), family bathroom
- Swimming pool and pool house with kitchen/sitting room, sleeping loft, shower, WC and plant room
- Extensive garaging with workshop/store, log store and gym/studio
- About 6.45 acres of beautifully landscaped mature gardens with private jetty and deck on Hedgecourt Lake
Hedgecourt House is a stunning family home with substantial and very well presented accommodation originally believed to have been built between 1740 and 1768. The property has been extended and improved several times during its life, with one extension originally created by the famous designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
The property is imbued throughout with exceptional character and original features. Of particular note are the lovely inglenook fireplaces in the dining room and drawing room, oak beams and flagstone flooring. The kitchen/breakfast
room is beautifully fitted with a range of bespoke kitchen units designed by Mark Wilkinson with woodblock and granite worktops. There is high quality, bespoke oak joinery throughout. The beautiful master bedroom suite has a dressing room as well as a nursery/study. There are three further good sized bedrooms off the main landing, all with en suite bathrooms. A lockable door from the principal bedroom also connects through to the guest wing, where there is a very well appointed
bath/shower room with designer suite, three further bedrooms and a secondary staircase.
Felbridge has local shops and a primary school. East Grinstead has much to offer with a wide range of local stores and supermarkets. The nearby towns of Crawley, Reigate and Tunbridge Wells are also within easy reach. There are excellent schools at Halsford Park, St. Peters Catholic Primary and Imberhorne School. Ashdown House, Brambletye, Cumnor House,
Lingfield Notre Dame, Ardingly, Worth, Woldingham and Michael Hall private schools are also within easy reach.
Felbridge has some excellent clubs including cricket, tennis, bowls, sailing and football. Golf is available at Chartham Park, Royal Ashdown and Copthorne. Ashdown Forest and Lingfield Racecourse are also nearby. There are livery stables within a quarter mile of the house.
There are mainline railway stations at East Grinstead, Three Bridges, Lingfield and Gatwick a short drive away. All provide services to London Bridge/Victoria.
The property is set back from Copthorne Road, with the stunning gardens and grounds bordering Hedgecourt Lake. A sweeping drive bordered by beech hedging leads up to electric wooden double gates. In front of the house is a substantial
parking and turning area. Beyond is a substantial barn style garage block with garden stores, gym and studio.
Across the front of the house are brick paved paths and lawn bordered by topiary hedging, opposite is an avenue of ornamental trees bordered by woodland. A long gravel pathway flanked by pyramid trellises and a pergola, leads to the eastern end of the grounds. On the southern side of the pathway is a delightful pool area, with a very attractive swimming pool.
Alongside the swimming pool sits the wonderful timber framed pool house with vaulted ceiling, sleeping loft, exposed beams, large sitting area, three further sets of French doors, fitted kitchen, WC and shower room. Beyond is a croquet lawn.
The main garden lies to the north side of the pathway where there is a sunken rose garden, ponds with water lilies and Japanese bridges, woodland, a kitchen garden bordered by ornamental box hedging with fruit cages and a magnificent lawn and wild garden, jetty and decking bordering Hedgecourt Lake.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61121713.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HOR130174. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Horsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.