Land for saleProspect Stile Farm, Hinton Blewett, Bristol, BS39
- 31 acres (12.5 hectares)
- A rare development opportunity
- Set in circa 31 acres
- Planning permission granted for change of use to residential dwelling
- Agricultural buildings including a cattle barn, hay barn & traditional stone barn
- Full details of the planning may be drawn from Bath & North East Somerset planning portal
An exciting opportunity to create a bespoke dwelling set in grounds of 31 acres within the heart of the Chew Valley.
Located just a short drive from Bishop Sutton and the Harptrees villages in the beautiful Chew Valley, located at the foothills of The Mendips and highly regarded due to its number of amenities. Within the immediate environs is a parish church, popular primary school, a village store and post office in addition to an excellent pub/restaurant. For more extensive shops, Chew Magna, which is some 5 miles distant offers a large selection of shops, banks and professional services. The Chew Valley offers a wide variety of sporting pursuits with sailing on the Chew Valley Lake, golf at nearby courses and riding on The Mendips, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The local villages are quintessentially English and a suitable rural retreat for those that enjoy a quieter pace of life. The village is accessible to Bath, Bristol and Wells and Bristol International Airport is a mere 6 miles distant, providing flights to a number of European and some long haul destinations.
The site affords spectacular views, to the west towards Chew Valley Lake, Blagdon Lake and on a clear day across the River Severn to Wales. To the south of the site there are delightful panoramic views over Coley reservoir, Chewton Mendip church and to the north and east over rolling Mendip farmland. The site has three elements, a level plateau with extensive views in all directions, a mature woodland windbreak sheltering the plateau and sloping fields over looking Chew Valley lake.
On the 9th November 2016 (planning application number 15/02932/FUL) consent was granted for change of use of this agricultural barn to a residential dwelling. The ground floor area of the barn conversion is approximately 36 ft wide x 61 ft in depth.
The application site is a parcel of agricultural land extending to 31 acres (12.571 Ha) and is situated 0.7 km to the south west of Hinton Blewett village. The land and surrounding area are situated within the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Agricultural buildings on the site consist of a cattle barn, hay barn and traditional stone barn. In addition there is a domestic caravan and Portakabin which are currently in residential use. The consent to convert the hay barn allows for continued usage of the caravan and cabins until completion of the barn conversion. The hay barn was constructed in the mid 1940's and later extended to the rear. It is discreetly sited, well back from the brow of the hill and is partly screened with mature trees and hedgerows.
Full details of the planning may be drawn from Bath & North East Somerset planning portal.
Acreage: 31 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61219282.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference COS160370. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Clifton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.