5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleWestern Elms Avenue, Reading
- Beautifully restored period family home
- Tree-lined street just to the West of Reading town centre
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Library/snug with wood burner
- Large kitchen/breakfast room
- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Gorgeous West facing gardens of approx. 140 ft
- Driveway parking for several cars
A rarely available period home in a favoured tree lined road just to the West of Reading town centre. Beautifully restored, and with substantial accommodation arranged over 4 floors, this property offers elegant and family friendly living.
Sitting room, library/snug, kitchen/dining room, cloakroom, 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, cellars and beautiful West-facing landscaped gardens of approx 140 ft. Carport/store and ample off-road parking.
Overview - A beautifully restored period family home in a favoured tree lined street to the West of Reading town centre
• Substantial Victorian 5 bed semi-detached home
• Elegant, family friendly accommodation
• Fabulous West-facing gardens of approx. 140 ft
• Further potential for conversion of attic space and cellar
The Property - A rarely available, substantial and beautifully restored Victorian family home situated in a desirable tree-lined street to the West of Reading town centre. The property has been lovingly and sympathetically updated to offer fantastic family-friendly accommodation in a convenient location minutes' walk from the bustle of the town centre and the station.
Arranged over 4 floors, the space extends to over 2,100 sq ft including the large kitchen/dining room with double doors to garden, the sophisticated drawing room with fireplace and cosy library/snug with woodburning stove and double doors to the terrace. On the first floor is the master bedroom with en-suite shower room, 3 further bedrooms and family bathroom. The second floor has another bedroom and also access to the large attic space which offers potential for conversion to a large master suite. The original coal cellar provides further storage, or could be converted to a cinema room or home office.
Outside, the secluded and private gardens have a beautiful aspect and are quiet and peaceful. Landscaped with a new sandstone terrace for summer entertaining, fruit trees and a willow tunnel as well as beds, borders and the original brick walls providing a mellow backdrop for the planting. To the side of the house, there is a carport/storage area and access onto the front garden and driveway with parking for several cars.
Location - Western Elms Avenue is a wide, tree-lined residential street with many beautiful period homes. Linking the Oxford Road with the Tilehurst Road, the area is easily accessible for Reading town centre, the mainline stations at Reading West and Reading as well as frequent buses to all parts of the local area.
Schools - All Saints Junior school rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and the Infants School is rated ‘Good’. St Edwards Prep School is nearby and there are highly rated grammar and private schools in Reading including Kendrick Girls, Reading Boys, The Abbey and St Josephs College.
Transport Links - Transport Links
Reading West Station 0.2 miles, Reading station 1.2 miles, London Paddington in 25 mins
Easy access to M4 J11, M25, M40 and Heathrow
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61235275.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27203281. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Patrick Williams, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.