3 bedroom detached house for saleVictoria Road, Freshwater, Isle of Wight
- Stunning three bedroom thatched cottage
- Remainder of NHBC & offered chain free
- Perfectly designed to offer charm & character throughout
- Wrap around gardens & ample parking
- Easy access to Freshwater Bay, ferry links & village amenities
- Open plan kitchen / dining area - ideal for socialising
- EPC energy rating C (79)
This stunning three-bedroom thatched cottage provides the benefits of a modern house with the remainder of the NHBC left to run, but still offers the charm of a character property as it was designed and built to be in perfect keeping with the surrounding older properties in it's pretty courtyard setting.
Natural light floods the lounge from the large window and two sets of patio doors leading to the garden, whilst a log burner set within the deep fireplace creates an attractive focal point and keeps this spacious room still feeling cosy.
The kitchen / dining area open plan layout is ideal for daily family life or as a social space for entertaining guests, with the light and airy dining area providing ample room for a good-sized table and chairs. The beautifully finished fitted kitchen has a lovely cottage feel with plenty of cupboards, space for appliances, and a tiled floor that complements the work surfaces and wall tiles (all kitchen appliances are included in the sale). The wooden floors throughout the rest of the ground floor offer easy maintenance, and a cloakroom easily big enough to be converted in to a wet room, should a second bathroom be required, completes the downstairs accommodation.
Stretching the full depth of the house, the master bedroom creates a fantastic sense of space not only through the generous floor space but also from it's fabulous high ceiling, and benefits from dual aspect windows and fitted wardrobes. Bedrooms two and three are both comfortable double rooms which again feature handy fitted wardrobes, and the fully tiled bathroom provides a bath with shower over.
Outside the gravel driveway accommodates several cars and the wrap around garden is mainly laid to lawn but also features a patio area beside the house, generous decked seating area in the far corner, and a shed handy for storing garden furniture or equipment if needed.
This location coupled with the low maintenance of this beautifully presented cottage make it attractive not only for a permanent residence or a 'lock up and leave' holiday home, but also an ideal investment for holiday letting in this popular coastal village.
What the Owner says:
When we stepped inside our home we knew it was going to be a great place to live.
The location is wonderful, with Freshwater Bay, the beach and shop within easy reach. The village of Freshwater is also easily accessible and if you are thinking of a weekend retreat then the ferry links to the mainland are only a few minutes drive away.
Previously a successful holiday let this has been our home and we have enjoyed all the benefits that living in a modern home built with old fashioned charm has to offer.
- Entrance Hall
- Lounge: 19'11 x 14'4 (6.07m x 4.37m)
- Dining Area: 10'9 x 10'0 (3.28m x 3.05m)
- Kitchen Area: 12'6 x 9'8 (3.81m x 2.95m)
- Bedroom 1: 19'11 x 13'0 (6.07m x 3.97m)
- Bedroom 2: 15'4 x 10'4 (4.68m x 3.15m)
- Bedroom 3: 14'6 x 9'7 (4.42m x 2.92m)
- Wrap Around Gardens
- Off Road Parking
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901424. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.