7 bedroom detached house for saleSchool Lane, Coventry, Coventry, CV7
- Exhall Hall is a rare example of a moated property. It is Grade II Listed.
- Exhall Hall offers the potential for a wealth of alternative uses subject to the appropriate planning permissions
- Local historians claim that the present Hall was once a Granary - moated for the safety of the corn.
- Exhall Hall probably stands on the site of a Saxon era house, built about 700 AD when Exhall formed part of the Kingdom of Mercia.
- It is believed that Exhall once belonged to the legendary Lady Godiva, who has historical links with the Coventry area.
Exhall Hall is a rare example of a moated property. It is Grade II Listed. Exhall village is a suburb of Coventry and Exhall Hall offers the potential for a wealth of alternative uses subject to the appropriate planning permissions, which could be exploited due to the property location to the road network.
Historically, Exhall was a well wooded beauty spot which has become connected to Coventry over the passage of time and becoming a suburb of greater Coventry. Local historians claim that the present Hall was once a Granary – moated for the safety of the corn.
Exhall Hall probably stands on the site of a Saxon era house, built about 700 AD when Exhall formed part of the Kingdom of Mercia. The house was owned by the Startin Family for generations, who were the Lords of the Manor.
Over the years, Exhall Hall has been occupied as a single residence, in 1920 it was converted into 3 separate 3 bedroom houses. In 1984 it was turned back into one single family home by the present owner.
It is the agent’s opinion that the property is in need of some modernisation and renovation, however on completion, the property would be a substantial character residence with the added potential for conversion into multiple dwellings, subject to the appropriate Planning Consents.
Exhall Hall is of traditional brick construction with parts rendered, a sandstone base on the one side and overhanging timber beams.
The property is approached via a bridge off School Lane. A gravelled drive leads to the front of the Hall.
The accommodation is arranged over two floors with part gas fired central heating, serving 9 radiators and can be summarised as follows:
Entrance Hall: - with part stone floor, leaded windows, staircase to first floor. Ornate décor, understair cupboard, timber panelled sides and doors leading to Main Kitchen, Dining Room and Drawing Room. Feature staircase leading to first floor
Main Kitchen: 4.12m (excluding inglenook) x 4.76m – A large spacious kitchen with quarry tiled floor, inglenook fireplace with storage to one side, Rayburn cooker (solid fuel), space for Range Cooker, with extractor fan. Extensive exposed beams, fitted floor and wall units. Double stainless steel sink and mixer tap. Door to Kitchen / Breakfast Room and Morning Room
Kitchen / Breakfast Room: 4.86m x 3.18m (including staircase) – Quarry tiled floor, fire place with wooden mantle above and built in storage to one side and a fitted top cupboard, with a pantry off. Exposed beamed ceiling. Door leading to study and Main Kitchen
Study: 2.3m x 4.2m (including Chimney breast), Marble fireplace with Victorian tiled cast iron fire, door to:
Rear door leads to rear hallway with an understairs cupboard, quarry tiled floor and W.C. off
Morning Room: 3.4m x 3.12m (excluding bay), - fireplace with timber mantle, bay window to front, picture rail, door to Laundry Room
Laundry Room: 2.92m x 2.52 (including W.C.) - Quarry tiled floor, W.C. off, plumbing for washing machine, concrete sink with mixer tap
Drawing Room: 4m x 4.96m (excluding bay). Fireplace with mantle above, with electric fire, picture rail, bay window with part leaded windows. Door to: -
Conservatory: 2.30m x 4.58m oval shape) tiled floor
Dining Room: 4m x 3.94m – Inglenook fire place, with wooden mantle above, with fitted wood burner, timber panelled walls and bay window with leaded windows
Kitchen Two: - 2.2m x 4m - fitted floor and wall units, sink with drainer and mixer tap. Door to outside
First Floor Landing: Staircase to second floor, airing cupboard
Bathroom: 2.95m x 1.84m - panelled bath, W.C., bidet, walk in shower, pedestal basin, part tiled walls
Bedroom One: 4.26m x 4.51m - Victorian cast iron style fireplace, leaded windows, exposed beams to wall and ceiling
Bedroom Two: 4.9m x 3.96m - Victorian cast iron style fireplace, part leaded windows, exposed beams
Former Dark Room: - 3.91m x 1.97m – with exposed beams
Staircase leading to second floor with potential attic rooms
Second staircase landing
Bedroom / Box room: 2.22m x 1.40m
Bedroom Three: - 3.11m x 2.42m (min’) – Storage cupboard off
Bedroom Four: 2.74m x 3.12m
Bedroom Five: 5.7m X 2.40m - Victorian style cast iron fireplace, exposed beams
Landing: - Airing cupboard leading to: -
Bedroom 6: 4.28m x 4m - Victorian style cast iron fireplace, Walk-in wardrobe, exposed beams
Bathroom: 4.89m x 1.24m – Bath, W.C., pedestal basin
Bedroom Seven: 3.10m x 4.7m (min’) – Victorian style cast iron fireplace
Second Floor converted Craft Rooms: Craft Room One - 4.22m (restricted headroom) x 5.12m, Storage, Fireplace (restricted headroom)
Craft Room Two: - 4.22m x 5.50m stairs lead up from the sewing Room to the two larger craft rooms
Outside: To the side of the Hall is a courtyard of traditionally built outhouses which comprise of three single garages, five outhouses and a timber shed.
The Grounds: - To the front and side of the Hall are exclusive lawn areas which extend to the edge of the moat. There are wooded areas located the other side of the moat. To the rear of the property is a gravelled area, which lends itself to outside entertaining.
There is also a second stone bridge crossing the moat which can be used as an emergency access.
GUIDE PRICE: £800,000
Remarks and Stipulations:
Fixtures and Fittings: - All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All other items are expressively excluded regardless of inclusion in any photograph. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order. Certain fixtures and fittings may be available subject to satisfactory further negotiation.
Services: - Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected to the property. Drainage is via a private system.
Arbitration: - Should any dispute arise between the vendor and the purchaser upon any point whatsoever (not involving a question of law) arising out of the Remarks and Stipulations, Particulars of Plan or as to the interpretation thereof, the matter in dispute shall not annul the sale, but shall be referred to the arbitration of the agents, whose decision shall be final and binding on all parties to the dispute and in every such arbitration the agents shall decide how the cost of such reference shall be borne.
Plans and particulars:
These are believed to be correct, but their accuracy is not guaranteed and no claim can be admitted for any errors or discrepancies.
Further enquiries and viewings:
For further information and an appointment to view, please contact Richard Newey on 0116 2814931.
1. Particulars: These particulars are not an offer or contract, nor part of one. You should not rely on statements by Fox Bennett in the particulars or by word of mouth or in writing (“information”) as being factually accurate about the property, its condition or its value. Neither Fox Bennett nor any joint agent has any authority to make any representations about the property and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents, seller(s) or lessors(s).
2. Photos etc: The photographs show only certain parts of the property as they appeared at the time they were taken. Areas, measurements and distances given are approximate only.
3. Regulations etc: Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property does not mean that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. A buyer or lessee must find out by inspection or in other ways that these matters have been properly dealt with and that all information is correct.
4. VAT: The VAT position relating to the property may change without notice.
Photographs and particulars dated: August 2016
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61273301.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference FOX214. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox Bennett, Leicester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.