7 bedroom detached house for saleWoodlands, Ruff Lane, Ormskirk, L39 4UL
Withdrawn from Market
- Beautiful stone built Victorian home
- 1 acre private mature gardens
- Sweeping driveways & a double garage
- Renovated stone outbuildings (old stables)
- Updated double glazing & central heating system
- 7 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms
- Extensive cellar rooms
- In excess of 5,500 square feet
A rare opportunity to buy a most handsome Victorian stone detached residence believed to have been built in 1851 by the Earl of Derby and providing outstanding family living space extending to over 5500 square feet lying on the edge of Ruff Wood in what is considered by many to be Ormskirks premier residential location.
Ruff Lane is a delightful and secluded semi rural setting on the fringe of this sought after Lancashire market town and less than 1 mile from the town centre and railway station and Woodlands commands a private position in this prestigious location set back from the lane and accessed via its own long sweeping road and impressive driveway.
Since our clients bought the house they have renovated throughout with particular attention to restoring many of the original features and adding bespoke fittings to bring the house back to its former glory. The property has been reroofed, the windows are double-glazed and the exterior woodwork has recently been repainted.
They have reopened the top floor, which had been closed off for many years, and have created a whole new floor of accommodation with zoned underfloor heating, matching spindle staircase and feature roof lantern skylight.
The rest of the house has a zoned heating system powered by a gas condensing boiler and there is a separate pressurised hot water system which was installed in the last few years.
All the woodwork in the rooms is bespoke with dado rails and torus skirting boards purposely reinstated to compliment the high ceiling and original coving. It has then been finished with a rich and sophisticated colour scheme therefore creating a wonderful home full of authentic period charm.
Highlights include drawing room, family room, large dining kitchen, dining room, study, library, seven bedrooms, four bathrooms and extensive cellar rooms.
Outside there are private landscaped gardens, a courtyard, ample parking with sweeping driveways and a double garage plus stone outbuildings which have also been reconfigured and are suitable for a variety of uses subject to planning.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61301647.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 6156259. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Regan & Hallworth, Parbold. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.