13 bedroom detached house for saleFurley, Membury, Devon
Offers in Excess of
- Grade II Listed period 5 bedroomed manor house recently renovated.
- 5 stone built high quality cottages within the grounds.
- Set in 8 acres including landscaped gardens, walled gardens, orchards, large carp pool and paddocks.
- Outdoor heated pool set in walled garden.
- Secluded rural setting enjoying outstanding views over the surrounding countryside and valley.
Goodmans House is an elegant country manor house listed as being of architectural or historical interest.
The present house appears to have early 18th Century origins, although there are records of a property on the site from much earlier.
The house was totally refurbished to a very high standard including a new Welsh slate roof in 2006, re- plastering, rewiring, laying of oak flooring and installation of spot lighting and a Bose surround-sound music system into the house.
All bathrooms have been replaced. The house contains many period architectural features such as window shutters, original fireplaces, decorative plaster work and joinery.
The property enjoys delightful gardens including orchards, a large Carp pool and paddocks.
The 5 holiday letting cottages have been converted from a range of traditional stone barns and were totally updated in 2006 including new kitchens and bathrooms (except Hazel cottage) along with new floorings in all cottages.
The cottages are set away from the main house to provide a high degree of privacy. The house is approached from a quiet lane up a gravelled driveway.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61452473.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
- View Picture No. 36 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 37 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 38 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 39 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 40 for this property See full size version online
- View Picture No. 41 for this property See full size version online
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference THC140016. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Holiday Complexes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.