Character Property for saleCemetery Road, Dereham, Norfolk, NR19
- Guide Price £175,000 - £200,000
- Grade II Listed Victorian Water Tower
- Planning Permission to Convert to a Residential Dwelling
- Excellent Opportunity to Create Stunning Residence
- Creating Four Storeys of Accommodation
- Double Height Entrance Foyer with Lift
- Four Bedrooms plus Kitchen/Living/Dining Room
- Top Floor Sitting Room with Views
- Utilising & Preserving the Industrial Quality & History
- One of Two Surviving Water Towers of its Type in Norfolk
Guide Price £200,000 - £175,000
** CALL NOW TO ARRANGE A VIEWING **
This is an exceptional opportunity to take this architecturally significant Grade II listed Victorian water tower (1881) and create a stunning 4 storey residence. One of only two surviving water towers of its type in Norfolk, it has long stood unused and has been decommissioned.
The current owners have sought full planning permission to convert this to a residential property that will both preserve the industrial feel, quality and history of this building yet create a very contemporary internal living space that utilises the very structure and philosophy of the building. The double height entrance foyer is to remain where the capped well head exists, there will be a lift and a bedroom with en-suite to this floor.
The first and second floors will accommodate 3 further bedrooms (all en-suite), the third floor is to be the kitchen/living/dining room and the fourth floor is for a sitting room with roof lights and a large plate glass window to the south aspect. The sitting room is also designed to display the massive support beams for the water tank that are such an integral part to the history of the structure. For more information and to see full documentation relating to the conversion please view the Breckland Council Planning website ref: 3PL/2016/0385/F.
Double Height Entrance and Capped Well Head
32' 3" x 14' 1" (9.83m x 4.29m)
23' 6" x 9' 9" (7.16m x 2.97m)
8' 5" x 9' 9" (2.57m x 2.97m)
12' 10" x 13' 11" (3.91m x 4.24m)
12' 11" x 10' 7" (3.94m x 3.23m)
11' 11" x 9' 11" (3.63m x 3.02m)
6' 4" x 10' (1.93m x 3.05m)
Void Below Water Tank
32' 4" x 25' 1" (9.86m x 7.65m)
Access appears to be shared with the Anglian Water site that sits behind the building. A five bar gate leads into the site which is enclosed by brick wall to two sides and with chain fence to the other sides. The tower itself sits back within the plot with a sub station intersecting part of the frontage.
Approximately 90' max x 52' max parking will be within the plot. Landscaping will be required. It is not possible to construct a garage.
***THE SITE IS INDUSTRIAL AND CAUTION IS ADVISED ON VIEWINGS. PLEASE BRING SENSIBLE FOOTWEAR. CHILDREN ARE NOT PERMITTED FOR SAFETY REASONS***
Whilst we have endeavoured to ensure these details are a fair and accurate representation of the property at the point of listing, please note that they are for guidance purposes only and we do not seek advice from the seller's legal representative or liaise with management companies, planning departments or building control in their preparation. We strongly advised that you inspect the property and surrounding area on Google maps and street view prior to viewing. Please also note the photographs do not infer that items shown are included in the sale, the measurements quoted are approximate and the fixtures, fittings and appliances have not been tested, therefore no guarantee can be given that they are in working order. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you then please obtain professional confirmation of it.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4191366. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by hammondlee, Dereham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.