7 bedroom house for saleBlandford St. Mary, Blandford Forum, Dorset
- An Elegant 18 Century Period House
- 7 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Reception Rooms and Study
- Master Suite with Dressing Room and Ensuite Bathroom
- Second Floor with Studio and Office/Snug
- Landscaped Gardens
- Double Garage
- Gravelled Driveway & Parking
- Village Location close to Blandford Town
Littleton House forms the major, central part of this building; constructed of colour wash brick beneath tiled roofs. The main house dates from the late 18th century with some additions made in the 19th century. A Grade II listed house, it offers elegant and spacious accommodation on three floors with a cellar.
The impressive symmetrical façade, central doorway at the top of a flight of stone steps and porch with Ionic columns gives the house an imposing entrance. The reception rooms lead off a notable central hallway. The house retains many original features including flagstone floors, sash windows, panelled doors, high ceilings with cornicing, some original fireplaces and a staircase with polished rail and an open balustrade. A picture sash window on the landing overlooks the rear garden.
The accommodation comprises, in brief, kitchen/breakfast room, drawing room, sitting room, dining room, cloakroom and cellar. The first floor has a generous master suite with dressing room and en-suite bathroom, three further bedrooms, family bathroom and a useful room currently a study but which could be a nursery or single bedroom. The versatile second floor space has three further bedrooms and an open-plan living space (ideal for teenage children or those seeking a separate space to work from home). Overall the property represents one of the most important houses within the village with glorious views over the walled garden from the rear. The present owners have continued to improve the house and it is maintained to a very high standard throughout.
Approached along a shared driveway to a pillar gated access on to a gravel driveway and turning area in front of the house where a splendid Japanese acer dominates a central flower bed. There is a detached double garage within the front boundary, all enclosed by brick walling.
The rear garden is beautifully landscaped and has an attractive paved sun terrace with various raised beds and borders, planted with a wide range of shrubs. Steps lead onto a gravelled path and paving stones that meander across the lawn. Throughout the garden there are sections of lovely landscaped gardens with mature planting. The gravelled path passes under a wrought iron pergola and is flanked by a beautiful lawn area, again with numerous shrubs and trees all set within an imposing high brick wall boundary beyond. Through a timber gate in the wall is an area of lawn planted with fruit trees and flower border also walled with rear access.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BLA170164. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Humberts, Blandford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.