3 bedroom detached house for saleLoan Cottage, Garvald, Haddington, East Lothian, EH41 4LN
Offers in Excess of
- Charming, characterful and well-presented, detached, two-storey, stone-built house, with stone barn and separate holiday cottage.
- Lying close to Kirk Brae at the east end of the historic conservation village of Garvald, near Haddington, East Lothian.
- Loan Cottage comprises: vestibule and landing, living/dining/kitchen, three double bedrooms, bathroom, and fitted attic with ensuite bathroom.
- Features; oil-fired central heating, recessed sash and case windows, real wood flooring and multi-fuel stove.
- The Old Bakehouse (holiday cottage) comprises; living room, dining kitchen, wetroom and sleeping loft.
- The two-storey barn, curently used as a store, may offer development potential.
- Arranged around an attractive, enclosed, hard-landscaped courtyard, with paved, pebbled and slated areas, patios, shrubs and bushes and a roof-terrace.
- There is ample, unrestricted, on-street parking within the immediate vicintiy.
- Home Report available online.
Charming, characterful and well-presented, detached, two-storey, stone-built house, with stone barn and separate holiday cottage, lying close to Kirk Brae at the east end of the historic conservation village of Garvald, near Haddington, East Lothian. Loan Cottage is entered by a side vestibule or main stable door, with a spacious and comfortable ground-floor sitting and dining room incorporating a modern kitchen with appliances, and featuring wood flooring, stone fireplace and a multi-fuel stove. The first-floor landing serves three well-proportioned double bedrooms, a family bathroom with over-bath shower, and stairs to a fully-fitted attic with an ensuite bathroom. The door to the quaint Old Bakehouse cottage opens to a tiled living room with underfloor heating, and a flight of floating steps leads up to a fitted loft area. Off the living area is an open-plan dining kitchen with appliances, and a fully-tiled wet room is fitted with an electric shower.
Garvald is a friendly and attractive village situated in a unique location, some 6 miles south-east of Haddington, It offers a local post office, church, pub and village hall which affords a range of activities and community events, a monthly farmer's market, with larger supermarkets available in Haddington and Dunbar. Primary schooling is available at Yester primary school in nearby Gifford as well as Stenton and Haddington, with secondary schooling at Knox Academy and Queen Margaret University is only 30 minutes away. East Lothian has a number of golf courses, sandy beaches and rugged coastline to be enjoyed. Easy access to Edinburgh is available via the A1 providing road links the Scottish Borders and beyond. Dunbar train station also provides excellent access to Edinburgh's city centre and is the perfect option for commuting.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7565837. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.