3 bedroom equestrian facility for saleBroadwas, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR6
- 2 Bathrooms
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Reception Rooms
- Development Plot
- 1438 Approx Sq Ft
EQUESTRIAN DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY - 42.5 ACRES. Well located equestrian property with planning for a new 3 bed house (EOC), existing equestrian facilities, including stabling & gallops.
There is a public footpath along the east side of part of this property, refer to the sale plan for the route.
* Primary: Broadwas C of E * Secondary: The Chantry School, Martley. For further information visit www.worcestershire.gov.uk * Independent: Worcester, Malvern & Hereford all have excellent independent schools. For further information visit www.isc.co.uk
Broadwas has a pub, church and primary school; the neighbouring villages of Knightwick and Martley have thriving communities with Martley offering a village shop, post office and leisure centre. Knightwick has an inn, farmers markets, butchers shop and doctors surgery. More extensive retail and cultural therapy is available in Worcester, Malvern & Birmingham.
The surrounding scenic countryside provides a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities; the Suckley Hills, Bringsty Common, Bromyard Downs and Malvern Hills are all close by.
The region has a vibrant equestrian industry: Racing is at Worcester, Hereford, Stratford upon Avon, Cheltenham (home to National Hunt Racing), Ludlow, Warwick & Chepstow. There are numerous agricultural and equestrian centres all within sensible driving distances including: Kings Equestrian Centre, The Three Counties Show ground, Hartpury Equestrian College, Moreton Morrell and The NEC.
From Worcester/M5 (Jct7) take the A4440 / A449 Worcester ring road signposted towards Malvern and Leominster, continue on the A44 towards Bromyard/Leominster. Proceed for about 4 miles until reaching Broadwas village, after passing the village school and left turn towards the church take a right turn beside the original (timber framed) period Stone Farm house (as you exit the village). Continue past the old farmhouse and barn conversions and New Stone Farm is immediately ahead of you.
By prior appointment via Grant & Co Estate Agents on 01531 637341
Grant & Co and their clients give notice that: 1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents has not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
New Stone Farm
* New Stone Farm offers an exciting opportunity to create a first class equestrian establishment with consent for a 1,438 sqft Equestrian Occupation dwelling, complemented by established equestrian facilities. * The position of the new house is shown on the site plan and will be located to the north of existing stables. The dwelling has approval for an attractive timber clad design on a brick plinth with brick built chimney. * The all-weather woodchip gallop is 6½ furlongs and encircles the land. Initially the gallops benefit from a long uphill draw with a circuit around the top field. There are post and rail paddocks opposite the stables. * The land comprises large level fields sheltered by mature trees and hedging, ideal for horses and forage.
Planning Permission & Local Authority
Planning Ref: 14/00393/FUL Approved/ Date of consent: 19th May 2014 Local Authority : Malvern Hills District Council 01684 862151
Equine Workers Dwelling
Equine workers dwelling: The permission is subject to an occupation condition: Occupation of the dwelling shall be limited to a person solely or mainly working or last working in equestrian activities at the site, or a dependant of such a person residing with him/her (but including a widow or widower of such a person). The dwelling shall be used only for residential purposes in connection with the equestrian use of Stone Farm.
A copy of the planning permission is available on request from the agents.
Mains water and electricity to the stables/site.
Rights of Way
New Stone Farm shares the entrance drive with Stone Farm & barns, after about 20 m the roadway becomes a private drive to this property.
Summary of Features
* Consent for a new EOC house MHDC 14/393/FUL * 3 year permission granted 19/5/14 for c. 1,438 sq ft dwelling * Accommodation; 3 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen/dining room, sitting room, utility/shower, tack/boot room * Established equestrian yard, 21 wooden stables with store barn and wood chip gallops (about 6.5 furlongs) * Private, mature setting within ring fenced pastureland
* Worcester 7 miles, Bromyard 8 miles, Great Malvern 10 miles, Ledbury 18 miles, Hereford 22 miles, Stratford upon Avon & Cheltenham 32 miles, Birmingham 36 miles * Road Links: M5 (Jct 7) 9½ miles * Railway: Worcester & Malvern * Airport: Birmingham
In all about 42.5 Acres
New Stone Farm enjoys a fabulous, private rural setting within the Teme Valley. Situated just north of the Suckley Hills and west of Worcester, the surrounding countryside is renowned for its scenic and rural appeal. The site of the proposed new house benefits from good privacy, close proximity to the stable yard and overlooks the paddocks. There are good communication links with the A44 providing access to the local commercial centres, M5 and the West Midlands.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-61979144.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HFD110048. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Grant & Co, Ledbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.