5 bedroom character property for saleAlum Bay, Totland, Isle of Wight
- Over 60s only under Homewise's lifetime lease plan
- Discounts range from 8.5% to 59%
- The actual price you will pay depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria
- Call for a personalised quote
- 5 bedroom spacious character cottage
- Recently renovated
- Fantastic size gardens
- Ideal weekend retreat/holiday let
- Chain Free
- EPC energy rating F (30)
PURCHASING THIS PROPERTY WITH A LIFETIME LEASE
This property is offered at a reduced price for people aged over 60 through Homewise´s Home for Life Plan. Through the Home for Life Plan, anyone aged over sixty can purchase a lifetime lease on this property which discounts the price from its full market value. The size of the discount you are entitled to depends on your age, personal circumstances and property criteria and could be anywhere between 8.5% and 59% from the property´s full market value. The above price is for guidance only. It is based on our average discount and would be the estimated price payable by a 69-year-old single male. As such, the price you would pay could be higher or lower than this figure.For more information or a personalised quote, just give us a call. Alternatively, if you are under 60 or would like to purchase this property without a Home for Life Plan at its full market price of £400,000, please contact Pittis.
This wonderful character home has been recently renovated by its current owner and benefits from the most beautiful views of the Needles and Alum Bay.Space and character are at the forefront here - with stunning views over Tennyson down and the Needles. One of five cottages that were built as part of the Headon Hall Estate, this is a unique chance to own part of the Islands Heritage.Perfect for second home owners, the ferry link to Lymington is in the nearby town of Yarmouth - only a short drive away. Finish work on a Friday and head to your haven for a weekend of tranquillity, relaxation and walks in the country. A large car park for the cottages to use provides plenty of parking for owners and guests alike. Stroll through your private front garden and step inside to see a fabulous sized lounge/dining area with plenty of features such as the corbels & a ceiling rose. A fireplace with a wide mantle was once the only heating, happily there is now oil fired central heating to keep out the chill. The kitchen area is perfectly in keeping with the character makes use of modern convenience, providing plenty of storage and a good space for creating family meals.The new owners of this fabulous home will even have use of the estate grounds all year round.
What the Owner says:
I first spotted the cottage and fell in love with the charm, character and location, enjoying bringing family here and wandering around the estate and down to the beach.
As time went on I acquired 3 others along the row and they have been successfully let out providing a good income. Adding a few modern touches such as the facility to have broadband has just been the finishing touch.
With Yarmouth only a few minutes by car it’s easy to get a ferry link to the mainland or just pop out for a good meal in a local pub.
- Lounge/Dining Area: 22'0 x 17'1 (6.71m x 5.21m)
- Bedroom 5: 15'2 x 9'5 (4.63m x 2.87m)
- Kitchen Area: 17'2 x 7'10 (5.24m x 2.39m)
- Bedroom 2: 12'0 x 8'5 (3.66m x 2.57m)
- Bedroom 1: 10'0 x 8'7 (3.05m x 2.62m)
- En-Suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 4: 9'8 x 8'4 (2.95m x 2.54m)
- En-Suite Shower Room
- Bedroom 3: 12'4 x 8'4 (3.76m x 2.54m)
- Front Garden
- Off Road Parking
- Rear Garden
- Use of Estate Grounds
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose. Suitable as a retirement home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61993456.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60216957. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Homewise, Worthing. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.