4 bedroom detached house for saleSacombes Lane, Allens Green, Sawbridgeworth
- Three reception rooms
- Kitchen/breakfast room with Aga
- Utility room
- 4 bedrooms
- En suite bathroom & Shower room
- Barn, timber outbuildings & double garage
- Paddock just under 2 acres with large pole barn
- Half acre paddock with small stable and water supply
- In all approx 4.7 acres
Sacombes Ash is situated at the end of a minor country lane and the house and grounds are surrounded by farmland. This attractive house is a timber framed building with rendered elevations under a tiled roof and is Grade II Listed, considered to be of architectural and historical merit. Internally the house has a considerable amount of character, with wooden flooring, exposed timbers, period fireplaces and three wood burning stoves. The grounds are a particular feature and include a pretty formal garden with two established ponds, a small orchard, shrub borders, hedges and coniferous and deciduous trees. In addition, there is a large timber framed barn which has significant potential to convert into a separate dwelling. A pre-application meeting has taken place with the local planning office and their detailed response is available at the agents office. Within the barn there is a modern wood-fired boiler.
Within the grounds there is a double garage and a number of small outbuildings, including a timber framed gym with a mezzanine floor and a kitchenette. There are three gated driveways, one leading to an area of woodland, a yard with a pole barn with large quantity of chopped wood, a 1.8 acre paddock and a further half acre paddock with outbuilding and water supply.
Directions From Bishop’s Stortford proceed south west on the B1004 towards Much Hadham. After passing Great Hadham Golf Club turn left towards Green Tye. At the first crossroads turn left through open countryside and at the first farm on the right hand side (Blounts Farm) turn right heading towards Allens Green. Continue for about 400 metres and take the first turning on the right into Sacombes Ash Lane and Sacombes Ash is the last property in this quiet country lane.
Property ref: 121_455_900527
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62021290.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 900527. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mullucks Wells, Bishops Stortford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.