Barn Conversion for saleCallestick, Truro
- Detached Barn
- Grade II Listed
- Quiet Rural Setting
- Detailed Planning Consent
- Full Residential
- Proposed Reverse Level
DETACHED BARN FOR CONVERSION Quiet rural position mid-way between Truro and the north Cornish coast. An attractive Grade II Listed building with detailed planning consent for conversion to a two bedroom dwelling. Some construction works already completed including a new roof.
General Remarks/Location - This detached barn is set at Lower Ventongimps, once a working farm but now a quiet residential hamlet in an unspoiled rural environment. It lies just half a mile from the A30 about five miles north west of Truro and easily accessible to the north Cornish coast at Perranporth. The hamlet is served by a quiet country road and The Cart House stands alongside the roadway and when completed will enjoy far reaching views over the adjacent countryside which is pleasantly wooded.
The nearest village is at Zelah about two miles away and here there is a local pub but the villages of Goonhavern and Shortlanesend are both within a few minutes driving distance and here there are local shops, pubs and primary schools. The city of Truro with its Cathedral and fine shopping centre is within 15 minutes driving time whilst the north Cornish resort of Perranporth is about four miles and the coastal community of St. Agnes just slightly further.
The building is essentially a two storey barn of stone construction under a slated roof which has been renewed to comply with the planning consent. It is substantially constructed in local stone with granite quoins whilst the end elevation has old mellow brickwork which has also been rebuilt. Not surprisingly the building is Grade II Listed.
Planning - The Cart House was originally granted planning consent in 2002 (ref. C1/PA21/1798/01/G) for its conversion to a "holiday letting unit". Subsequent to that approval there is a further planning consent granted on 16th of September 2015 for the "removal of condition 9 (holiday occupancy restriction) of decision (ref. PA15/06891) to allow use of the building as a dwelling house". The original planning consent was granted subject to the following conditions:-
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of five years from the date of this permission.l
2. The roof of the building to which this permission relates shall not be covered except:-
i) With an acceptable natural slate of a suitable colour and texture.
ii) and not until full details of the size(s) of the slates, method of laying and means of fixing have been submitted to and subsequently agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority and
iii) not until samples of such slates have been submitted to the Local Planning Authority and their use agreed in writing.
3. New rainwater goods shall be constructed of cast iron or cast aluminium of a type and profile to be agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority prior to commencement of work on site.
4. The roof of the building to which this permission relates shall not be covered except (i) with acceptable ridge tiles of a suitable size and colour and
ii) not until samples of such ridge tiles have been submitted to the Local Planning Authority and their use agreed by them in writing and (iii) not until details of the hip joints have been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority and (iv) not until the method of ventilating the roof space (if appropriate) has been submitted to and agreed by the Local Planning Authority in writing.
5. All granite or local stone in need of repointing externally shall be repointed with flush or raked back joints and this work shall be done using a cement, lime and Gwithian sand mix.
6. Prior to the commencement of the development hereby approved, a detailed specification for the external railings, including materials and sections, shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The work shall proceed utilising the approved materials.
7. Prior to application, the type and colour of the paint finish to the fenestration and the wood panelling on the north elevation shall be agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The work hall proceed utilising the approved materials.
8. Prior to the first occupation of the development hereby approved, the parking area delineated approved plan number 1014.03 shall be laid out and provided in accordance with details which previously shall have been retained and maintained for the parking of vehicles.
9. The development hereby approved shall only be used for holiday accommodation and for no other purpose (including any other purposes in Class C3 of the Schedule to the Town and Country Planning Use Classes Order 1987 or in any provision equivalent to the class in any statutory instrument revoking and re-enacting that order with or without modification).
As already explained the current owners have carried out various construction work to the barn to implement the planning consent so that it remains open. Such work has included re-roofing, re-building of the brick gable wall and digging out of the lower floor.
Outside - An area of land for garden will be conveyed with the barn in accordance with the plan attached to these particulars and it will be the responsibility of the purchaser to erect a stock proof fence between points A, B and C within three months of legal completion. The stock proof fence shall comprise; tanalised posts at 3 mtr centres and to a minimum height of 1.5 mtrs and secured with sheep netting and two rows of strained barbed wire.
Services - Mains electricity is located nearby and enquiries for connection should be directed to Western Power.
There is no mains water in the vicinity and the purchaser will need to install a new bore hole to supply the property. The current owners have already obtained quotations for installing a complete new water supply via a borehole and a copy of the estimate can be made available to interested parties. The vendor owns adjacent land and is happy to provide an easement for the borehole to be installed outside the curtilage of the property now being sold.
A new drainage system will also need to be constructed and similarly the vendor is prepared to grant an easement for this to be installed outside the curtilage of the property if required.
Special Note - The property shall be converted in accordance with the current planning consent and plans provided. Whilst any further modifications or extension would be subject to obtaining planning consent, it will also be a requirement for the consent of the vendor who resides in the adjacent property.
Viewing - Strictly by Appointment through the Agents Philip Martin, 9 Cathedral Lane, Truro, TR1 2QS. Telephone: 01872 242244 or 3 Quayside Arcade, St. Mawes, Truro TR2 5DT. Telephone 01326 270008.
Directions - From Truro proceed in a northerly direction along the B3284 which connects with the A30. After passing through Shortlanesend continue for just over a mile and take the next turning right at Allet. Proceed along this road until arriving at the junction with the A30. Do not pass straight over but take the lower road signposted to Ventongimps. Continue along this road for half a mile and the property will be easily located on the left hand side.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27296809. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Philip Martin, Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.