4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleSt. Andrews Road, Bridport
This wonderful period semi-detached family home is situated within a short walk of Bridport town centre. With an abundance of character features and versatile accommodation spread over four floors, this property offers four bedrooms, two reception rooms, kitchen/diner, study, family bathroom, master en-suite and cloakroom. There is also a snug adjoining the ground floor and a delightful roof terrace boasting countryside views. Outside there is a large fence and wall enclosed private rear garden stocked with an abundance of plants and shrubs. The property is located within a conservation area. EPC rating D. VENDOR SUITED.
Situation - St Andrews Road is conveniently located close to the centre of the charming market town of Bridport, within close proximity to primary and comprehensive schools, and a good variety of amenities. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Bridport is renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Within the town's boundary also lies West Bay, an idyllic fishing village situated on the famous Jurassic Coastline. Local facilities include comprehensive shopping facilities, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum. There are also regular bus services to Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beaminster, Yeovil, Dorchester, Weymouth and Poole. Direct train services to London Waterloo and Bristol Temple Meads run from the County Town of Dorchester, located 15 miles east.
Accommodation - This well-presented Victorian semi-detached family home is conveniently positioned to access Bridport town centre. Laid out over four floors, this substantial property retains many period character features, including a large bay window, deep skirting boards, exposed wooden floor boards, high ceilings and original tiled flooring in the entrance hallway. The ground floor boasts a spacious sitting room with large bay window and wood burning stove. This then leads to an inner lobby where are three further rooms including a cloakroom, study and bedroom. From the sitting room, stairs lead down to a further reception room with multi-fuel stove, leading onto the well-fitted kitchen/diner with double glazed doors lead out to the rear garden. The first floor provides the master bedroom with en-suite shower facilities, and modern family bathroom with door leading out to a large roof terrace, offering far reaching countryside views. Two more bedrooms are then positioned on the second floor along with a storage area, which could provide further bathroom or shower facilities, if required. Gas central heated and UPVC double glazed throughout., the property also benefits from wide landing areas and a feature staircase. Externally, there is a delightful private enclosed garden to the rear, mainly laid to lawn with various paved seating and patio areas. Well stocked with a plethora of mature trees, shrubs and flower borders, the long, level garden also offers an ornamental pond, greenhouse, shed, vegetable plot, log and bike store, and side and rear access. EPC rating D.
Key Features - * Spacious and versatile four-bedroom family home.
* Conveniently situated within a short level walk to Bridport town centre.
* Two reception rooms featuring log burning and multi-fuel stoves.
* Large roof terrace which provides countryside views and an ideal area to enjoy a spot of breakfast.
* Retains many period features including original Victorian tiling to the hallway.
* Well fitted kitchen with modern design cream eye and base level units, plentiful storage cupboards, rear aspect window and glazed double doors leading out to the garden.
* Modern family bathroom with white suite including spa bath.
* Master bedroom with en-suite shower room.
* Ground floor bedroom together with a separate study room and cloakroom.
* UPVC double glazed and gas central heated throughout.
* Versatile storage room to the second floor offering potential for an additional bathroom.
* Property has been re-wired and benefits from a newly laid roof in 2011.
* Delightful large rear garden with patio and lawned areas, perfect for al fresco dining.
* Located within close proximity to local schools.
Room Dimensions - Lower Ground Floor:
Snug: 14'09 x 11'06 (4.50m x 3.51m,)
Kitchen/Diner: 13'06 x 11'11 (4.11m x 3.63m)
Sitting Room: 27'09 into bay x 11'06 (8.46m into bay x 3.51m)
Bedroom Four: 11'11 x 6'02 (3.63m x 1.88m)
Study: 7'05 x 6'07 (2.26m x 2.01m)
Cloakroom: 4'08 x 3'09 (1.42m x 1.14m)
Master Bedroom: 15'0 x 12'02 (4.57m x 3.71m)
En-suite Shower Room:
Bathroom: 9'03 x 8'10 (2.82m x 2.69m)
Roof Terrace: 14'07 x 12'0 (4.45m x 3.66m)
Bedroom Two: 12'02 x 8'02 (3.71m x 2.49m)
Bedroom Three: 12'02 x 8'04 (3.71m x 8.4m)
Parking - On-street parking is available.
Services - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired heating. Satellite and broadband are also available.
Local Authorities - West Dorset District Council. South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset. DT1 1UZ. Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is D.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers. Tel: 01308 420111
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62127271.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27306456. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.