2 bedroom flat for saleNEW - Apartment 2, Kingsmeadows House, Peebles
- LUXURY LIVING ON THE BANKS OF THE RIVER TWEED
- PART OF B LISTED GEORGIAN MANSION SET WITHIN A 17 ACRE ESTATE
- THOUGHTFULLY AND TASTEFULLY REFURBISHED LUXURY APARTMENT
- OPEN PLAN LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN / DINING AREA
- LARGE DOUBLE GLAZED SASH WINDOWS AND PERIOD FRENCH PATIO DOORS
- KITCHEN DESIGNED & FITTED BY KITCHENS INTERNATIONAL
- UNDER FLOOR HEATING TO LIVING AREA AND MAIN BATHROOM
- C. 1900ft2 FLOORSPACE
- 2 DOUBLE BEDROOMS
- PRIVATE OUTSIDE PATIO SPACE
Originally built in 1795, Kingsmeadows House is a B listed Georgian mansion thoughtfully and tastefully refurbished by developer Granton Homes to provide 12 unique apartments offering residents luxury living on the banks of the Tweed. Set within a 17-acre estate yet only ½ a mile from the town centre gives Kingsmeadows House the feel of a country idyll while being in walking distance of all the local amenities which Peebles has to offer.
With around 175m2 of floorspace (just under 1900ft2) and high ceilings in all the principle rooms this 2-bedroom apartment gives an opulent feeling of space seldom experienced in a modern home. The south facing aspect, large double-glazed sash windows and patio doors flood the property with daylight and delightful views of the mature trees and lawns outside regardless of the time of day and season. The décor and lighting has been designed to enhance this further making the apartment an invigorating environment to live in especially for enthusiasts of indoor plants, aficionados of artwork or those that just feel at their brightest and best when they are bathed by light.
While all residents of Kingsmeadows Estate enjoy exclusive use of the gardens immediately surrounding the mansion house, Apartment 2 is the only property in the main building that has private outside space in addition. The large, south facing patio is accessed via period French doors in the living room / kitchen making it ideal for alfresco dining, spotting the resident wildlife or simply relaxing in the sun.
The open plan kitchen, designed and fitted by award winning Kitchens International, features Siemens appliances including twin IQ700 ovens, induction hob, dishwasher and fridge freezer. The Silestone worktop and integrated sink give a durable and stylish surface and the Quooker tap, which provides boiling water on demand, adds to the look of sleek minimalism. All of which are topped off by remote control multi-colour LED lighting, allowing the whole ensemble to tie in with any mood or colour scheme.
The front hall, open plan living room / kitchen / diner, large utility room and main bathroom all benefit from underfloor heating, while the bedrooms, master ensuite and halls have the more responsive, conventional radiators, combining the best that both systems have to offer. A mains gas fired boiler provides the heat while a 300L unvented hot water cylinder ensures that the 2 bathrooms are more than adequately supplied for residents to enjoy a long soak.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62130886.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 8182003. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Remax Clydesdale & Tweeddale, Peebles. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.