2 bedroom detached house for saleSwallowfield Road, Arborfield, Berkshire, RG2
- Original character features
- Living room with vaulted and beamed ceilings
- Martin Moore hand painted kitchen/diner
- Luxury family bathroom
- Attractive courtyard garden
- Double garage and gated parking court
Dating from about 1715, Chamberlains Farm is a home full of charm and character constructed of vitreous brick with bonded vertical strips under an old tile gabled roof with flanking chimneys. The property has been carefully renovated to ensure that the original features have been maintained, enhanced and highlighted. The current living room was formally a laundry and boasts a fantastic vaulted and beamed ceiling, oak strip flooring and a log burning stove set within a brick fire surround. The kitchen/diner is fitted with a range of hand painted `Martin Moore` cupboards with granite work surfaces and built in appliances which include a Brittania range, Miele fridge/freezer and wine fridge and dishwasher and at the dining end is an outstanding brick working fireplace. A stable door from the kitchen leads to a perfectly private courtyard with brick bond patio for relaxing and al fresco entertainment. The property further benefits from 2 bedrooms plus 2 further attic/occasional bedrooms with restricted headroom and a large family bathroom with a claw foot bath, shower enclosure and vanity unit with inset wash hand basin.
Partly walled front garden with panel fence and hedge to side, mature trees and shrub borders and brick courtesy path to front. Completely private and enclosed courtyard with brick bond patio lighting, with doors giving access from the kitchen and living rooms. There is gated access to rear drive, woodstore and garage, outside tap. The rear garden is currently gravelled for extra parking but could be laid to lawn, overlooking neighbouring fields with sliding electric gate securing the parking area. Detached double garage with four wooden doors, power and light loft storage area accessed by a ladder.
The property sits on the edge of Arborfield village and is within walking distance of a local shop, 2 pub/restaurants and a popular garden centre and cafe. You can walk through attractive countryside for miles around and yet Reading with the popular Oracle shopping centre and railway station, the 3rd largest interchange station outside of London and shortly to host the cross rail link, is within 6 miles and the market town of Wokingham is just 4 miles away. Access to the countrys motorway system is close at hand and the area is well served by schooling both state and private and there is an excellent collection of golf courses, gyms and health spas nearby.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WKN171118. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Richard Worth Estate and Land Agents, Wokingham - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.