2 bedroom detached house for saleThird Cliff Walk, West Bay, Bridport
This delightful two/three bedroom detached home is situated in the idyllic fishing village of West Bay and boasts stunning panoramic views along the world renowned Jurassic coastline. The breathtaking sea and countryside outlook can be enjoyed from all the major rooms in the property, which includes a spacious sitting room with sun terrace, kitchen/diner, downstairs family bathroom and first floor shower room. There is also small low maintenance paved gardens to the front, side and rear, a double garage and off-road parking. EPC rating D.
Situation - The Cottage is located on Dorset's famous Jurassic Coast in the idyllic fishing village of West Bay. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, West Bay also marks the north-west end of the famous Chesil Beach and is just a short walk from Bridport town centre, a charming market town renowned for its friendly and vibrant culture, and fantastic reputation for quality local food and art. Bridport is also the setting for the hit television series Broadchurch. Local facilities include comprehensive shopping facilities, a post office, arts centre, theatre, leisure centre, library, cinema and museum. There are also regular bus services to Exeter, Lyme Regis, Beaminster, Yeovil, Dorchester, Weymouth and Poole and direct train services to London Waterloo and Bristol Temple Meads run from the County Town of Dorchester, located 15 miles east.
Accommodation - This wonderful two/three bedroom home enjoys an elevated position on the private West Cliff Estate. The panoramic sea and countryside views are breathtaking and can be enjoyed from the large sun terrace and the majority of the rooms in the house. The property offers a spacious dual aspect sitting room with feature re-constituted stone fireplace with gas point and hardwood mantel, a good-size kitchen/diner, downstairs bathroom and first floor shower room. Part UPVC double glazed and gas central heated via a recently installed replacement Vaillant boiler (2015), this home also benefits from cavity wall insulation and a modern electric consumer unit. There is also scope for some gentle modernisation with the potential to return the dining area to a third bedroom if required. Outside, there is a raised flower border to the front with gentle railed steps leading up to the front door. A paved pathway stretches around the side of the property offering access to a cellar storage cupboard and a small low maintenance paved area to the rear. There is also a double garage with up-and-over metal door, power and light, and a driveway offering off-road parking for two vehicles. EPC rating D.
Key Features - * Two/three bedroom home boasting fabulous panoramic views over West Bay and the Jurassic Coastline, designated a World Heritage Site.
* Spacious sitting room with feature fireplace and double sliding doors leading to large railed sun terrace.
* Kitchen/diner with a range of units and space for cooker, fridge-freezer, washing machine and dishwasher with plumbing provided.
* Potential to return dining area to a third bedroom.
* Downstairs family bathroom and first floor shower room.
* Stunning countryside and sea outlook can be enjoyed from the majority of the rooms in the house.
* Recently installed Vaillant gas central heating boiler (2015) and cavity wall insulation.
* Double garage with driveway providing off-road parking for two vehicles.
* Small low maintenance gardens to front, side and rear.
* Within easy walking distance of the harbour and beach at West Bay and the Jurassic coastal path.
* Approximately two miles from the vibrant market town of Bridport with its vast array of amenities.
Room Dimensions - GROUND FLOOR
Sitting Room: 20'00 x 12'08 (6.1m x 3.87m)
Kitchen: 14'08 x 8'09 (4.48m x 2.67m)
Dining Area: 10'07 x 8'09 (3.23m x 2.67m)
Bedroom One: 13'10 x 12'08 (4.23m x 3.88m)
Bedroom Two: 13'09 x 9'08 (4.2m x 2.97m)
Double Garage: 18'07 x 16'03 (5.67m x 4.96m)
Parking - Double garage and driveway with off-road parking for two vehicles
Services - Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. Gas fired central heating. Broadband and satellite are also available.
Local Authorities - West Dorset District Council. South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, Dorset. DT1 1UZ. Tel: 01305 251010.
We are advised that the council tax band is E.
Viewings - Strictly by appointment with the agents:
Parkers Property Consultants and Valuers Tel: 01308 420111
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62163634.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 27311045. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Parkers Property Consultants And Valuers, Bridport. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.