4 bedroom detached house for saleStronvar Development Plot 6, Balquhidder, Lochearnhead, Stirlingshire, FK19
- Situated in the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
- Prime location on the south shore of Loch Voil
- Sweeping views over the loch and to the hills beyond
- Two houses and eight plots are available, with detailed planning permissions granted for all plots.
- The site is surrounded by magnificent unspoilt woodland and stunning scenery
- With each of the plots comes shared ownership of approximately ten acres of land, including woodland and a protected Site of Special Scientific Interest
- A rare chance to live in a magnificent location by the edge of one of Scotland's most beautiful lochs
What makes Stronvar particularly attractive to anyone looking to create a bespoke new home is that the serviced plots are available with a ‘design and build’ service from a team made up of some of Scotland’s most respected builders and architects.
The well known and highly regarded James Denholm Partnership originally designed a selection of magnificent two-storey traditionally styled country houses, further augmented by designs created by Studio K Architects, all of which are totally sympathetic to the area. W.S. Dunsire & Sons Ltd, a family builder that has been building bespoke one-off homes for over 20 years, is on hand to construct
each design to the highest quality.
The available home designs vary in size from 2,000 sq ft to 4,000 sq ft and make full use of local natural materials in their construction. The designs offer
considerable flexibility, enabling you to design your own home just the way you want it (subject to planning approval). There is also ample scope to create your very own waterside highland garden.
The outlook of each house makes the most of the truly outstanding views that exist in all directions - imagine walking out of your house each morning and gazing out over the loch or looking up into the surrounding hills.
Stronvar is close to historic Balquhidder, and deep in the heart of Rob Roy country. The surrounding landscape is renowned for its magnificent highland
scenery, and for the peace and tranquillity of the wooded glens and braes that surround the calm waters of Loch Voil. The local area has many beautiful walks and cycle paths, and is renowned for its wildlife and outdoor pursuits. The famous golf courses at Gleneagles and Loch Lomond are within easy reach, and the challenging 9-hole courses at St Fillans and Killin are both less than half an hour away. Loch Voil, on the doorstep, offers sailing,
canoeing and fishing. There are also water sports facilities at nearby Lochearnhead.
For a touch of luxury, the 4-star rated Monachyle Mhor hotel is nearby on the banks of Loch Voil, whilst the equally impressive Crieff Hydro hotel and resort isn’t far away. There are also inns, shops and restaurants in the nearby villages of Strathyre and
Lochearnhead, along with schools in Strathyre and the popular town of Callander.
Getting to and from Stronvar is easy, with good road and rail links from nearby Stirling to Edinburgh and Glasgow (which put the cities’ international airports just over an hour’s drive away). Oban, the Gateway to the Isles, is only one and a half hour’s drive away (a magical journey in itself through dramatic Argyll).
There is also a very handy subsidised taxi service available for the village of Balquhidder and the glen which goes as far as Lochearnhead and Strathyre.
Ground Floor: Open plan entrance hall and dining room with feature multi fuel stove, breakfasting kitchen with door to sun room, living room, utility room, shower room, family room / bedroom 4, double garage
First Floor: Master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite shower room, double bedroom 2, double bedroom 3, family bathroom, store room
Shared ownership of about 10 acres including amenity woodland, part of the Stronvar Marshes SSSI and a launch point for a non-motorised boat / canoe on Loch Voil.
Ownership will be subject to an annual management fee for the maintenance of common landscaping, woodland, roads, communal drainage.
EPC Rating = B
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-62189593.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PER170155. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Perth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.