7 bedroom terraced house for saleLansdowne Crescent, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR3
Grade II Listed Regency Style Town House With Spectacular Elevated Views Across Worcester To The Malvern Hills, Approx 3617 Sq.Ft., Plus Cellar Of Around 531 Sq. Ft., With The Additional Benefit Of Planning Permission To Extend.
Impressive Reception Hall, Kitchen, Dining Room, Drawing Room, Sitting Room, Utility Room, Cloakroom, First Floor Four Bedrooms, Two Bathrooms, Second Floor Three Bedrooms, Shower Room, Parking For Two Cars and Double Garage, Generous Garden.
Situation: Lansdowne Crescent is a desirable residential area within the burgeoning University City of Worcester comprising a number of period houses enjoying this elevated location above the City. The residence is well situated for a multitude of facilities including shopping, leisure and sporting amenities, library and highly regarded state and independent schools including The Kings School and The Royal Grammar School in Worcester. The property is within walking distance of the city centre (0.7 miles), Foregate Street (0.7 miles) and Shrub Hill (0.7miles) railway stations which both have direct trains to Birmingham International and London Paddington.
Description: 8 Lansdowne Crescent is a fine Grade II listed town house constructed in around 1861 being part of a larger landmark residence. The spacious accommodation extends to some 3617 square feet arranged over three floors plus useful cellar. Many rooms enjoy superb views across the City towards the Malvern Hills. The property enjoys a wealth of interesting architectural features including sash windows, shutters, ceiling roses, cornicing, deep skirtings and original fireplaces. There is the additional benefit of planning permission to further enhance this magnificent family home which boasts a superb combination of period and contemporary features.
The Reception Hall gives access to all of the ground floor rooms including:
• A wonderful Drawing Room having sash framed French Window with shutters affording a lovely view of the garden and City of Worcester towards the Malvern Hills, period marble fire surround with cast iron/tiled inset coal effect gas fire and tiled hearth.
• Comfortable Sitting Room with sash framed window to rear and arched storage area.
• Formal Dining Room having sash framed French Window with shutters again affording the superb view over the gardens and the City towards the Malvern Hills, fire surround with cast iron/tiled inset coal effect gas fire and tiled hearth and a serving hatch to Kitchen.
• Breakfast Kitchen featuring a comprehensive range of floor and wall units with a roll top work surface over and sink unit, four ring gas hob set in work surface with cupboards under, Hotpoint double electric oven with cupboard over and under and plumbing for a dishwasher. There is a large central island unit/breakfast bar with cupboards, shelving and space under and a wall mounted Worcester Bosch gas fired boiler.
• A folding door leads through to the Utility area which has useful floor and wall mounted units and plumbing for a washing machine.
• From the Reception Hall a further panelled door leads to the Cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC.
• Also from the Reception Hall steps lead down to the cellar level having two Store Rooms, one of which has steps up to the car port and an inner area with a door to a passageway leading to the garden and access to the rear of the property.
From the Reception Hall stairs rise to the First Floor where can be found:
• Master Bedroom with sash framed window to the front aspect enjoying panoramic south westerly views towards the Malvern Hills and a period fireplace.
• Bathroom with sash framed window, built in shower cubicle, panelled bath with bath/shower mixer, wash hand basin set in vanity unit together with bidet and integrated WC.
From the landing a door leads to the:
• Inner Landing with walkway leading to the rear of the house, stairs to the second floor, a built in cupboard and doors off to:
• Bedroom Two, having sash framed window to the front aspect and enjoying the superb views towards the Malvern Hills and also featuring a fire surround with marble inset.
• Bedroom Three having a sash framed window with lovely City views.
• A further Inner Landing with built in airing cupboard leads to:
• Bedroom Four, with window to rear, range of shelving and hanging rail and wall mounted gas fired boiler.
• Bathroom with P-shaped bath with bath/shower mixer, wash hand basin set in vanity unit with cupboard under and WC.
• Shower Room having shower cubicle, wash hand basin and WC.
Stairs rise from the half landing adjoining the shower room to the:
• Second Floor Landing having two sky light windows and leading to:
• Bedroom Five with sash framed window to rear and built in cupboard.
• Bedroom Six with window to rear and contemporary glass wash hand basin with mixer tap.
• Bedroom Seven with beautiful sash framed arched window to front aspect with elevated views over the City.
Outside: From Lansdowne Crescent a wrought iron pedestrian gate provides access to the good sized predominately lawned garden containing a variety of trees and shrubs. A path leads to a gravelled terrace with steps off having flower beds to each side and leading to the raised terrace enjoying south westerly views. There are steps leading to the entrance door and access to the cellar. At the rear there is an area of courtyard garden with bin store, steps and door leading to cellar and steps leading to the parking area which provides block paved off road parking sufficient for two cars and a double garage with security light, window to rear and original curved sliding door. A walkway is also provided to the side of the parking area which leads to the first floor level.
Services: All mains services are connected, two boilers, two rooms have multi-room Sky Plus points, Broadband is available.
Local Authority: Worcester City Council – Band B and C.
Agents Note: Planning permission has been granted to refurbish the rear elevation including demolishing a former extension and extending the kitchen. Plans can be viewed on the Worcester City Council website: www.worcester.gov.uk Worcester City Council Planning reference number P17A0099 Listed Building Consent reference number L17A0019.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference COU170356. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Andrew Grant, Country Homes . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.