5 bedroom detached house for saleCastle Corner, Beckington
- Up to 4/5 bedrooms
- Mixed residential & commercial use
- Potential for entire residential/entire commercial use
- Live/work opportunity
- Gardens and parking
- Sought after village location
- No onward chain
- Potential rental income opportunity
The Wool Hall is approached via a shared driveway to a private parking area. The house itself dates from the 16th century and boasts features including an external staircase, mullioned windows and exposed timbers.
The building was once associated with Beckington Castle. It has been extended on the ground floor in more recent times and now provides varied and versatile accommodation overlooking a generous level and part walled garden with mature treed and raised pond.
The Wool Hall benefits from a distinguished past in so much as it was a residential recording studio originally converted in the 1980’s by the band Tears for Fears for personal use. Since then numerous leading bands and artists recorded there including The Pretenders, The Smiths, Stereophonics and Paul Weller. It was purchased by Van Morrison in 1994 and in latter years used as a residential home.
The Wool Hall is situated in a tucked away position within the Somerset village of Beckington. The village benefits from a Church of England First School (Ofsted rated Outstanding, Springmead an independent Prep school, St George’s parish church and 2 pubs, The Wool Pack and The Foresters. The village also has a popular café and delicatessen (Mes Amis), The White Row Farm Shop with café and excellent “fish and chips” shop and a convenience store and petrol station.
The village is also well positioned for access to surrounding towns, which include Frome (approx. 3 miles), Bradford on Avon (approx. 6 miles), Trowbridge (approx. 6 miles and Warminster (approx. 7 miles). Amenities including retail outlets, pubs and restaurants, cinema and sporting facilities can be found within these towns along with rail links.
The World Heritage City of Bath (approx. 10 miles) provides a complete range of retail outlets together with many other amenities including The Theatre Royal, a number of fine restaurants and excellent sporting facilities. There is also a mainline railway station providing direct access to London Paddington, Bristol and south Wales.
The M4 motorway junctions 17 and 18 are both approximately 20 miles and access to the M3 via the A303 is also easily reached.
Property ref: 121_1006_4504635
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4504635. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cobb Farr, Bradford-On-Avon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.