4 bedroom detached house for saleTrethevan Farm, St. Kew Highway, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30
- Attractive agricultural investment opportunity
- 4 bed traditional farmhouse
- Good range of modern farm buildings
- Productive arable and pasture land
- In all about 143 acres
- EPC Rating = G
Let farm providing a sound investment with potential for capital growth.
Trethevan Farm is situated at the end of a long private drive and lies just outside the picturesque village of St Kew Highway. The village offers a range of local amenities including pubs, a doctors surgery, petrol station and a golf course. Further day to day amenities can be found in Wadebridge, just 3.5 miles West. The stunning North Cornish coast can be found just 5 miles North of Trethevan and is famous for its sandy beaches providing good surf and fantastic coastal walks.
Approached from a private drive, Trethevan Farmhouse is an attractive, well appointed family home constructed of traditional stone under a slate roof. The accommodation comprises of an entrance hall, sitting room with open stone and granite fireplace, dining room with fireplace, kitchen/breakfast room with natural slate floor and fireplace with slate mantle and surround, study, walk in Pantry, large utility and rear hall with back door. Upstairs there are four generously sized double bedrooms and two family bathrooms.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS
There are well maintained lawned gardens to the South and East of the farmhouse bordered by traditional stone walls. Adjoining the farmhouse on the northern side is a single story traditional stone outbuilding with slate roof currently used for storage. Opposite the farmhouse is a highly attractive single storey open fronted traditional barn under a slate roof.
An extremely productive run of approximately 143 acres of predominantly level and gently sloping grade 2 arable land. Current and previous cropping has included spring and winter barley, winter wheat, maize and brassicas. The land is ring fenced and is bordered on the southern boundary by the River Allan, Trethevan Wood to the east and the A39 to the north. Part of the woodland is designated as a SSSI.
Trethevan Farm is let under a 1986 Agricultural Holdings Act Tenancy which commenced on 29th September 1969. The terms are outlined in the following:
1. Rent payable half yearly in arrears.
2. Standard reservations to the landlord, including mineral rights, timber, sporting, wayleaves and water.
3. Landlords repairing obligations limited to: "To execute all repairs and replacements to the undermentioned parts of the farmhouse, cottages and farm buildings...namely: the
masonary of the main walls and exterior walls of house
cottages and buildings...roofs and roof timbers"
4. Tenant not permitted to assign, underlet or part with possession of the farm or any part.
5. Current rent is £10,000 with effect from29th September 2010. A s.12 notice has just been served.
6. Requirement for the farm tenant or farm worker employed on the farm to reside in the farmhouse.
7. Resumption clause in favour of the landlord for on agricultural
use to resume any part or parts of the farm.
8. Agricultural use permitted only. Manage as a stock and arable farm
9. A copy of the tenancy agreement is available to genuine prospective purchasers on their signing of a confidentiality agreement.
Strictly by appointment with Savills. Prior to making an appointment to view, we strongly recommend that you discuss any particular points which are likely to affect your interest in the property with a member of staff who has seen the property, in order that you do not make a wasted journey.
Acreage: 143 Acres
From Wadebridge take the A39 signposted Bude. After approximately 3.5 miles you will come to the village of St Kew Highway. The entrance to the farm is to be found on the right hand side of the road opposite the fuel station.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62352760.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference EXR170080. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.