5 bedroom character property for saleTOWER HOUSE, HALTON, LA2 6LR
- Grade II Listed characterful home
- Tower House - three reception rooms, study, three bedrooms, kitchen and two bath/shower rooms
- The Cottage - sitting room, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom
- Lune Cottage - sitting room, bedroom and potential shower room
- Divorced garden with lawn and seating area
- Pathway leading to riverside seating terrace
- Double garage and private parking
With its imposing battlemented parapet, this Grade II Listed late18th Century property within the Halton Conservation Area was once connected with Halton Hall, which was located along the banks of the River Lune and was demolished in the 1930s. Various buildings remained and Tower House was long ago created. The driveway entrance is shared with Millennium House and opens to a large flagged courtyard with a flagged terrace and BBQ area situated nearest the door - ready for alfresco dining. Steps lead up to a raised garden with a small garden store, lawn and beds and a gate opens to a path which leads down to the River Lune.
The courtyard is central with doors to Tower House, Lune Lodge and The Cottage. The three properties offer flexibility with regard to extended family, guests or commercial plans. Lune Lodge has two rooms having flagged floors, there is a two piece cloakroom suite. One enters The Cottage straight into the light and spacious sitting room. There's space to create a separate kitchen but at present there are no fittings. Upstairs it's one bedroom with pine floor boards and a shower room. The main event is Tower House, an impressive and statuesque period home which lends itself to entertaining with the front door opening to large reception room on the ground floor and then two high ceilinged, Georgian style reception rooms on the first floor, both with open fireplace, sash windows with shutters. Connecting the floors is an impressive stone staircase with wrought iron balustrade. The main kitchen is next to the first floor dining room but there's a good sized utility on the ground floor. On the second floor are three charismatic double bedrooms with features such as exposed stone walls and exposed wooden floors.
Sold as seen. Please note - we are aware that the property flooded during the winter of 2015/16 and again in November 2017. Buyers are advised to make their own enquiries.
Mains electricity, gas, drainage and water. Fitted carpets, curtains, blinds, curtain poles, light fittings are all included in the sale. Garden furniture and planters are available separately.
Halton-on-Lune is a small village on the north banks of the River Lune just north of Lancaster. It has a school, church, general shop and butchers, doctors' surgery, sports club and pub. There is good access to the scenically beautiful Lune Valley, Kirkby Lonsdale is 15 miles distant and also into Lancaster (2.5 miles) and further afield via the M6 and J34 (0.9 miles).
Exit the M6 at J34 and proceed on the A683 signposted Kirkby Lonsdale. After around 2 miles and before reaching the village of Caton, turn left signposted Crook o Lune. Proceed past the local beauty spot and over the bridge until reaching the small roundabout in Halton. Here go straight across (first exit) and the gated entrance to Tower House is first on the left.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62361479.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference DB1851. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Davis & Bowring, Kirkby Lonsdale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.