4 bedroom detached house for saleBramley
- Grade II Listed Country Cottage
- Farmhouse style kitchen/breakfast room
- Sitting room and dining room - both with fireplaces
- Four bedrooms and family bathroom
- Detached barn style garage with office above
- Wonderful rear garden with view over hills and fields
- Beamed ceilings and walls - 2 inglenook fireplaces
- Plot measures just over 1/4 acre
Swallow Cottage has origins to 1550 with later additions and has been a fabulous family home for many years for our clients. This beautiful setting in the Bramley conservation area is a rural hidden gem in the Surrey countryside. The property is full of character in every room which includes original beams, leaded windows and two fabulous Inglenook fireplaces. Unlike many period cottages of this era the ceiling height to the first floor does not encroach on potential owners of a certain height. The property has a nice feeling of space and light through the pretty windows many of which overlook the surrounding area and the beautiful garden, which backs onto fields behind. Currently there are four bedrooms on the first floor and a family bathroom. On the ground floor there is a farm house style kitchen breakfast area which overlooks the rear garden. The two main separate reception areas both feature fireplaces. In addition, there is also an inner hall with bookcasing and an entrance porch, which is rarely used as the kitchen door remains the favoured entrance to the property. This very cosy home is full of atmosphere and is now looking for another long term occupation from its new owners.
* Grade II listed cottage dating from approximately 1550, originally constructed as two farm workers cottages.
* Oil fired central heating
* Private drainage to a Klargester bio-system
* Four bedrooms
* Beamed ceilings and walls - Beautiful wooden sprung floor to the dining hall - Two Inglenook fireplaces, one with a log burning stove - Latched and braced internal doors
* Downstairs cloakroom
* Kitchen and breakfast area
* Bespoke bookcasing and fitted cupboards
* Detached barn style garage with office above and driveway parking for several vehicles
* Beautifully maintained large rear garden backing onto fields enjoying an open view
* Plot measures just over 1/4 acre
Thorncombe Street consists of 11 cottages of historic interest four of which are listed, spaced along the lane within an attractive setting of a valley where a stream quietly passes through woodland. The area remains very much unchanged over many years and it is the character and the historic buildings which merits its designation as a conservation area. The property is approx 2 miles from Bramley Village, which offers a petrol station, a shop, 2 public houses and several small takeaway
The rear garden enjoys a beautiful open view to the rear over hills and fields. The garden is enclosed on all sides by a mixture of hedging and fencing and is split into two main sections. There is a large area of gently sloping lawn with fruit trees and a pathway that leads through the middle of the garden to a productive allotment with large beds, a fruit cage, compost area, log store and a well head. To the rear of the garden, there is a fabulous lone mature oak and a stable. The more formal area of garden features a full width terrace and a pathway, which leads round to both sides of the property. The terrace continues round to the front of the house where the kitchen door and porch provide the more informal entrance. There is outside lighting, a gardener's tap and a driveway to the side, which slopes down to the lane providing off road parking in front of the garage for several vehicles. The garage was constructed in the1990's and is built to a barn style with an office above. The garage is double width and length with an electric operated door and a personal door giving access to the rear garden.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62410461.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 451017. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Burns & Webber, Godalming. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.