3 bedroom cottage for saleCarisbrooke High Street, Carisbrooke, Newport, Isle of Wight
- Three bedroom character cottage full of charm
- Beautiful cottage garden bordering the Mill Pond
- Spacious separate lounge & dining room
- First floor bathroom & ground floor toilet
- Attractive country kitchen & additional utility room
- Gated off road parking to the front
- EPC energy rating F (32)
This beautiful home presents a superb opportunity for a buyer to own a home with character and charm and the feel of a country cottage, whilst being within walking distance of all amenities and within a flat walk of the town centre of Newport.Hidden behind wooden gates there is off-road parking within the pretty front courtyard, which leads you through to the main front entrance porch and into the cottage. Once inside, the character features are apparent and the two spacious reception rooms offer a fantastic space in which to relax. The front lounge, has a fitted wood burner and dual aspect windows and feels much larger than you would imagine in a home of this style.The dining room again a spacious room with feature fireplace has space for both a dining table and additional seating area. The kitchen is fitted with bespoke units, embracing the cottage theme, and still offers a large larder cupboard and original feature cold store cupboard. Leading from the kitchen there is a large utility room which gives access out to the rear garden as well as a separate toilet for guests.The first floor of the home is occupied by three bedrooms, the master of which again a large room with dual aspect windows and all rooms are served by a modern first floor family bathroom.The garden has been a labour of love and borders the mill pond, with an abundance of plants and mature bordering trees, and has been landscaped to provide beautiful sitting areas looking out over the mill pond, allowing its owner to sit back and relax taking in the abundance of wildlife attracted to the pond and enjoy some quiet time away from the world. Although the property is nestled on the fringe of Newport and well-appointed historic village of Carisbrooke it really is a tranquil spot to while away the hours.For any buyers wanting to have a convenient home full of character features and far larger than you would expect for a cottage of this era, this home really will not disappoint.
What the Owner says:
I purchased this property 8 years ago because I wanted to enjoy a slower pace of life and find somewhere to relax. My favourite thing about living here is the wildlife and views of the pond in the garden which are constantly changing with the seasons.I have upgraded the cottage extensively over the years. My much-loved improvements include the 2 log burners, summerhouse and full redecoration. I have been so happy here and it really is a peaceful spot to live, yet so conveniently close to town.However, I am looking to move back to the mainland and I'm letting the house go to a lucky new owner. I wish them many happy years here, just like I have had.
- Entrance Porch
- Entrance Hallway
- Lounge: 12'2 x 12'1 up to bay (3.71m x 3.69m)
- Dining Room: 15'2 x 12'3 (4.63m x 3.74m)
- Kitchen: 12'2 x 10'2 (3.71m x 3.10m)
- Utility Room
- Bedroom 1: 15'4 x 12'3 (4.68m x 3.74m)
- Bedroom 2: 12'3 x 11'9 (3.74m x 3.58m)
- Bedroom 3: 9'7 x 7'7 (2.92m x 2.31m)
- Front Garden
- Off Road Parking
- Rear Garden
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 60901474. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Isle of Wight. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.