6 bedroom detached house for saleHenbury Hall Estate, Henbury, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11
- 12 acres of mature gardens
- Tennis court, glazed pool house
- Grade II Listed stable block
- Courtyard, dating from the 1600s
- 6 further houses and cottages
- Parkland and woodland
The most important classical house built in England in the 20th Century at the heart of a beautifully landscaped historic estate dating from the 17th century.
The Henbury Hall Estate is among the most beautiful estates in England, particularly so in the North West. Indeed the exquisitely beautiful Palladian house is widely regarded as the most important country house built in the 20th century in England.
The style of the house is based on Palladio's Villa Capra, known as The Rotunda, at Vicenza, the best known English versions of which, both 18th century, are Mereworth Castle in Kent and Chiswick House in London.
Henbury Hall sits in a wonderfully commanding position with fabulous vistas in every direction over the Estate. In addition to the main house is the Tenants' Hall, which provides additional guest accommodation, and private gardens and grounds extending to about 12 acres.
These gardens are exquisitely beautiful with a series of lakes as the centrepiece, which are in impeccable condition. There is also a swimming pool, tennis court and stable block.
In addition to the principal house and Tenants' Hall there is a Grade II secondary house, The Cave, together with 5 further houses and cottages.
The whole estate extends to about 530 acres, of which approximately 394 acres are agricultural land including parkland and a polo field, together with 108 acres of mature woodland.
Square Footage: 9,181 sq ft
Acreage: 530 Acres
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62507536.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TES170104. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Telford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.