6 bedroom semi-detached house for saleNevill Park, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4
- private park setting
- scope for further enhancement
- 1 mile town centre and station
- many attractive period features
- 5,632 sq ft over four floors
- 7 bedrooms
- 2 formal reception rooms plus study
- substantial lower ground floor
- garden and off-street parking
- EPC Rating = E
A substantial attached period villa, enjoying a wonderful southerly aspect within this prestigious private park on the edge of town and offering scope for further enhancement.
Nevill Park is a highly sought-after private gated park lying on the West side of Tunbridge Wells, within the conservation area and designated as an "Arcadian Area". There is an attractive walk from the property over the Common to the mainline station (about 1 mile) with the High Street and the Pantiles a little further.
Private and State Schools:
Rose Hill, The Mead, and Holmewood House preparatories; the Tunbridge Wells Girls' and Boys' Grammar schools and the Skinners School for Boys. There are independent schools in Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Eastbourne, Mayfield and Kent College in Pembury.
The A21 can be accessed from Tunbridge Wells, linking to the M25 and all other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
5,632 sq ft in total, arranged over four floors:
- entrance porch
- entrance hall
- 2 South-facing formal reception rooms
- kitchen/breakfast room
- 2 bath/shower rooms
- 3 double bedrooms (one en suite)
- shower room
- laundry room
- 4 further bedrooms
- family bathroom
Lower ground floor:
- with a private entrance, currently used for storage with the potential for a variety of uses
- enclosed garden with terrace and side courtyard
- off-street parking
- about 0.28 acres
- EPC = E
A striking Victorian villa enjoying a prime elevated position within this prestigious private park and conservation area, with far-reaching southerly views from the majority of rooms.
The property has been re-instated into a substantial family house, having been divided into two flats in the 1970s, and now offers an opportunity to further enhance the generously-proportioned and adaptable accommodation.
An adjoining annexe was built at a later date and now forms 6a Nevill Park, under separate freehold ownership.
Tunbridge Wells town centre, the historic Pantiles and the mainline station are about a mile away, accessible by foot across the Common. The property is ideally-placed for schools, benefitting from a good choice in the vicinity, including Holmewood House preparatory school in Langton Green, Kent College at Pembury and Kent grammar schools.
Much of the parkland opposite the property is owned collectively and includes our client's shareholding. Further points of note include:
- many period features including an attractive formal entrance with a covered colonnade porch opening through decoratively-glazed doors into an inner hall way with a high cloistered ceiling and statement doors with arched detail to either end, one opening out to the terrace on the South side;
- two light-filled formal reception rooms with 14' high ceilings, decorative architraves, ceiling mouldings and cornicing, large sash windows, working folding shutters and a wonderful southerly view over the garden and beyond;
- large study to the rear with sash windows, shutters, window seat and built-in cupboards;
- stylish contemporary fitted kitchen/breakfast room with doors out to a side courtyard;
- two principle first floor bedrooms enjoying a far-reaching view through big bay windows, one with a marble fireplace with a decorative ducks nest grate and one with a contemporary en suite bathroom;
- a further double bedroom, shower room and a substantial laundry room on the first floor;
- spacious second floor comprising three double bedrooms, two with a lovely view to the South, a study/bedroom 7 and a bathroom with a contemporary white suite.
Lower Ground floor:
Extending to about 698 sq ft, the lower ground floor has the added benefit of its own dedicated entrance, separated off from the driveway by wrought-iron gates. Currently used as a substantial wine store and storage area, this area offers potential for a variety of uses, subject to any necessary statutory consents.
An enclosed garden lies on the South side of the house, bounded by hedging and shrubs, with a flagstone terrace, side courtyard and level area of lawn.
6 Nevill Park is approached via a wide gravel drive, with a parking area for several cars. 6a, which lies to the far side of number 6 has a right of way for access.
Services: Mains gas-fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Outgoings: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council: 01892 526121. Currently two tax bands "G".
Having previously been divided into two flats the ground floor owns the freehold, with a long lease of 990 years granted to the upper floors.
Strictly by appointment with Savills on 01892 507000. If there is any point which is of particular importance to you, we invite you to discuss this with us, especially before you travel to view the property.
Important Notic e
Savills, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Savills have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Square Footage: 5,632 sq ft
From our office in Tunbridge Wells, head down the High Street to join London Road. At the roundabout take the second exit and at the next roundabout take the second exit onto Major Yorks Road. Proceed up the hill and Nevill Park will be found on the left-hand side, before you reach the roundabout at the top. Enter through the gates to Nevill Park and number 6 will be found on the right-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62596361.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TUS160346. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.