Land for saleStation Road, Garelochhead, Helensburgh
- Plot with exceptional views of the loch
- Open plan living over three levels
- Estimated completed value = £300,000
- Superb Village Location
Stunning plot of land with full planning permission to build a three bedroom family home
Stunning plot of land with full planning permission to build a three bedroom family home situated on Station Road in the village of Garelochhead.
The site is situated on Station Road in the village of Garelochhead. The train station sits at the top of the road, which is less than a 2 minute walk, and connects to the spectacular West Highland line providing connections to Glasgow with an approximate 1 hour journey time. Garelochhead itself contains all essential amenities including local shops, a post office and tea rooms, as well as a pub, a medical centre and primary school, among other amenities.
The closest town is Helensburgh on the shore of the Firth of Clyde which is approximately a 15 minute drive, although can also be easily reached by regular public transport. Helensburgh provides further amenities and entertainment and has larger shops such as Waitrose, Boots and Superdrug as well as plenty of local shops, cafes, bars, restaurants and an independent cinema.
There are lots of scenic destinations around the area. Loch Lomond is around half an hour's drive. The Rosneath peninsula to the west side of the loch is also an attractive destination. Walks are also plentiful including links to the Three Lochs Way just down the road from the site.
The site itself slopes steeply to the west, towards the Loch. In order to take advantage of solar heat gain and the views of the loch the house has been envisaged as an 'upside-down' house with the upper floor housing the living spaces and hall leading to a partly double-height living room, a kitchen/dining space and a cloak room and utility room. Double doors from the living room lead out on to an external terrace with spectacular views over the loch.
The project has been granted full planning permission and has been designed with a view to take advantage of the slope by minimising the initial earthworks required and keeping the cost low. The building structure is intended to be a simple timber frame kit using Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs). The main structure timber frame has been costed at £39,350 (plans and details available on request). An air-source heat pump, a wood burning stove and a heat recovery system have been specified and should be able to recover heat not just from kitchen and bathrooms, but also from the attic space housing the equipment, which would have roof windows intended to build up solar gain in the space.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62686730.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HBR103612. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Allen & Harris, Helensburgh. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.