5 bedroom detached house for saleOld Plough Cottage, Epping Road, Roydon, Harlow, CM19
- DRAWING ROOM WITH INGLENOOK FIREPLACE
- DINING ROOM
- LARGE KITCHEN/FAMILY ROOM WITH INTEGRATED APPLIANCES
- SUBSTANTIAL OUTBUILDING/OFFICE
- GROUND FLOOR BATHROOM & SHOWER ROOM
- SITTING ROOM
- MASTER BEDROOM SUITE WITH EN SUITE SHOWER ROOM
- FOUR FURTHER BEDROOMS
- SWIMMING POOL
- LOVELY ESTABLISHED GROUNDS OF 0.25 OF AN ACRE
A beautiful 16th century period house with 5 bedrooms, large open plan kitchen and family room and just under 2500 sq.ft of versatile family accommodation. Backing onto open fields, Old Plough Cottage stands in its own secluded grounds of approximately quarter of an acre and also includes a swimming pool and a separate substantial office/annexe outbuilding which offers superb facilities to run a business/work from home. The outbuilding could also be used as a summer house, gym or games room.
The thatched Grade II listed village property offers plenty of period character and provides an exceptional combination of oak beams, inglenook fireplace and thatched roof with the major extension to the rear of the property which provides modern open plan living with the bespoke kitchen and family room incorporating cooking, dining and sitting areas leading out to the terraced patio and garden which are perfect for outdoor eating and entertaining.The cottage has flexible bedroom accommodation; on the ground floor there is a bedroom, bathroom and shower rooms and, on the first floor, a master bedroom with en suite shower room and three further bedrooms.
Outside a gated driveway provides off street parking and leads to a garage. An excellent range of facilities including a village school, shops, pubs, restaurant and a mainline railway station with services to London Liverpool Street – all within walking distance.
An excellent range of facilities including a village school, shop, pub and a mainline railway station with services to London Liverpool Street are all considered to be within a convenient distance.
The historic and quaint village of Roydon benefits from its own mainline railway station providing direct travel to both London Liverpool Street and Cambridge. located just a 35 minute train journey from the centre of London the small and beautiful village of Roydon is an ideal setting for the modern, active family. it has plenty of options for local leisure including bike rides along the River Stort, fishing, exploring local footpaths leading to Lee Valley park or playing tennis at the local courts, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The village boasts its own football and cricket teams and has traditional pubs, some dating back to the 18th century. the market town of Epping, with its Central Line connection to London lies approximately 8 miles to the south.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62949210.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BSO070773. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mullucks - Part of Hunters, Epping - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.