4 bedroom detached house for saleWick Lane, Woolage Green, Canterbury, Kent
- Recently refurbished detached 1916 country house
- Beautiful 360 degree countryside views
- Double garage and secure gated driveway
- Open plan kitchen and breakfast areas with integrated appliances
- Two wonderfully spacious reception rooms
- Early possession possible as no onward chain
- EPC energy rating D (64)
Surrounded by farmland and the rolling North Downs, this unique country house is ideal for anyone who enjoys the delights of rural living but without the maintenance usually associated with country houses. It is situated on the edge of the charming hamlet of Woolage Green in a Conservation Area and has been beautifully refurbished to a very high standard so is just ready for new owners to walk straight into without having to lift a finger. Originally built in 1916 and extended over the years it includes some charming features reintroduced by the owners. These include a stunning pair of painted oak entrance gates that lead to the large gravelled driveway and integrated double garage as well as an original and very impressive 1920s oak front door. At the rear of the house there is a similarly aged arched oak back door opening on to the large paved terrace and very easy to maintain secluded garden, laid to lawn and including some mature trees and shrubs around the border.
There is a very spacious, newly created kitchen/breakfast room that is bound to become the hub of the household with its engineered oak flooring, lovely range cooker and other integrated appliances as well as an adjacent utility room, cloakroom and access to the garden. Off the hallway is a dining room for more formal occasions and a lovely light and bright sitting room with windows on two sides providing delightful views, french doors to the garden and space for a wood burner if needed.
Upstairs there is a contemporary family bathroom, four good sized bedrooms as well as a small bedroom that makes an excellent study where you can enjoy working while revelling in the views. The master suite is approached via a small flight of stairs so is private from the rest of the first floor and includes a modern en-suite wet room and rural views on both sides.
What the Owner says:
“We bought the house because of the stunning location and amazing panoramic vista. Not to mention the peace and tranquility that comes from living in such a delightful place. We have refurbished the house with a lot of love and to a high standard as it was our intention to make this our permanent home. However, a change in circumstances means that we are not able to stay but we hope that another family will be able to enjoy it as much as we had expected to.
We love Woolage Green as do most of the people who live here as it is very rare that any of the 32 properties in the hamlet ever come on the market. It is a very friendly community and has an active residents association. There is a charming village green surrounded by period cottages and the Two Sawyers, which is an excellent pub and restaurant so is ideal if you want a drink or a meal out without having to drive. There are also some delightful places if you enjoy walking the dog or going for a cycle ride. The school bus takes children to the good Shepherdswell primary school or to the wide variety of excellent secondary private and state schools in Canterbury and Dover.
Despite being out in the country we are very conveniently placed as the A2 for Dover, Canterbury and London is only about a mile away and you can get to London from Canterbury West station in under an hour. As well as a primary school the nearby village of Shepherdswell also has a mainline station, a local shop and a medical facility.”
- Entrance Hall
- Dining Room: 13'1 x 10'9 (3.99m x 3.28m)
- Sitting Room: 16'2 x 14'1 (4.93m x 4.30m)
- Breakfast Area: 14'3 x 10'9 (4.35m x 3.28m)
- Kitchen Area: 17'8 (5.39m) x 11'10 (3.61m) narrowing to 7'4 (2.24m)
- Rear Porch
- Master Bedroom: 16'9 (5.11m) x 12'1 (3.69m) narrowing to 5'9 (1.75m)
- En-Suite Wet Room/Shower Room
- Bedroom 2: 13'1 x 10'9 (3.99m x 3.28m)
- Bedroom 3: 10'9 (3.28m) narrowing to 9'7 (2.92m) x 10'0 (3.05m)
- Bedroom 4: 9'3 (2.82m) narrowing to 7'0 (2.14m) x 7'4 (2.24m)
- Study/Bedroom 5: 8'7 x 5'4 (2.62m x 1.63m)
- Family bathroom
- Rear Garden
- Double Garage: 17'0 x 12'2 (5.19m x 3.71m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 16001433. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.