3 bedroom semi-detached house for saleDevelopment at Trecarrack Road, CAMBORNE, Cornwall
- Brand new semi-detached 3 bedroom house within first phase of 11 new homes
- Kitchen/dining room with a range of built-in appliances
- Three bedrooms
- Electric air source central heating
- Parking for 2 cars
Plot 5 is a semi-detached three bedroomed house within the first phase of this development of 11 brand new houses located along Trecarrack Road, Camborne.
The house will benefit from a fully fitted kitchen with a range of built-in appliances, modern bathroom, cloakroom/WC, air source electric central heating and parking for 2 cars.
The first mention of the medieval Camborne Churchtown is in 1181 although in 1931 the ruins of a probable Romano-British villa were found at Magor Farm, Illogan, near Camborne, and excavated that year under the guidance of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. It is the only Roman villa to be found in the whole of Cornwall. There are also early Christian sites such as an inscribed altar stone, (now in the Church of St Martin and St Meriadoc).
By 1708 Camborne had rights to hold markets and three fairs a year which may be an indication of tin mining in the area; Camborne's was inland and in an unfavourable location for trading. Mining is first recorded locally in the 1400s with early exploitation of the small streams cutting through the mineralised area and from shallow mines. A sign of increasing industrial activity and increasing industrial population is the first chapel built in 1806 and the development of a local Methodist community. In 1823 the population was around 2,000 and in 1841 it was 4,377, over two-thirds of the working population employed in the mining industry. In the expanding town gas works were opened in 1834.
Camborne is best known as a centre for the former Cornish tin and copper mining industry, having its working heyday during the later 18th and early 19th centuries. Camborne was just a village until transformed by the mining boom which began in the late eighteenth century and saw the Camborne and Redruth district become the richest mining area in the world. Although a considerable number of ruinous stacks and engine houses remain, they cannot begin to convey the scenes of 150 years ago when scores of mines transfigured the landscape.
Property ref: 121_2555_4548322
16' 5" x 12' 10" (5.00m x 3.90m)
14' 9" x 8' (4.50m x 2.45m)
13' 9" x 8' 2" (4.20m x 2.50m)
10' 10" x 8' 2" (3.30m x 2.50m)
15' 5" x 12' 10" (4.70m x 3.90m)
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4548322. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lewis Haughton Wills , Truro. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.