5 bedroom link detached house for saleEnmore, Bridgwater, Somerset
- Stunning Grade II listed Georgian former Rectory
- Elegant and well proportioned reception rooms with fitted shutters
- Kitchen/breakfast room with pantry and Rayburn
- Utility/boot room with built in cupboards
- Cellars with original wine racks
- 5 bedrooms 2 recently re-fitted bath/shower rooms
- Large south facing gardens with paved terrace
- Direct bridleway access providing excellent riding opportunities
- Paddock and stables. In all about 3.5 acres
- Stunning location in the Quantock foothills adjacent to Enmore Golf Club
The major part of a substantial Grade II listed former Rectory, providing elegant accommodation, set in beautiful south facing gardens and with a 3 acre paddock, close to the Quantock hills and well known Golf course.
This handsome family home, offers elegant and spacious accommodation, set in beautiful gardens and with a paddock extending to about 3 acres, it provides an ideal family home for those with equestrian interests. The Quantock hills provide excellent riding opportunities and from the paddock there is direct access to a bridleway. The grounds also adjoin Enmore Park Golf club, so the house will also appeal to the keen Golfer.
Poole House is beautifully presented and is typically Georgian with well proportioned reception rooms with high ceilings and large sash windows flooding the house with light and affording lovely views over the gardens. All the rooms on the front elevation have original fitted shutters and the majority of the rooms have fitted window seats.
The central reception hall provides access to the main rooms and the guest cloakroom.
The drawing room is part panelled and enjoys an attractive double aspect with a southerly orientation and outlook over the gardens. The room centres upon a fireplace with inset woodburning stove and adjacent built in cupboards with shelving over.
The dining room is another well proportioned room with an elegant open fireplace with marble surround and further built in cupboards with extensive shelving over.
The kitchen/breakfast room enjoys views over the rear garden towards the Quantock hills and is beautifully fitted with bespoke cream units with granite worktops and including fitted dresser style units and a walk-in pantry. Built in oven and dishwasher and induction hob. The oil-fired Rayburn provides cooking and heating and is set within a former fireplace. There is also a very useful utility/boot room with built in cupboards and door to the rear garden.
An elegant staircase rises to a large first floor landing with central archway. The bedrooms are also well proportioned and offer more extensive views over the garden and surrounding countryside. There is a well appointed and recently re-fitted family bath/shower room and a separate shower room.
The gardens and grounds have been equally well maintained and provide a wonderful setting for the house. The front garden enjoys a wonderful southerly aspect and being fully enclosed by mature hedging and fencing, it enjoys a good deal of privacy. There is a large expanse of lawn with well stocked flower and shrub borders. A paved terrace provides a wonderful sun trap and outlook over the garden. There is also a small wildlife pond. A gravelled drive provides parking and access to the detached double garage.
To the rear of the property can be found a further area of lawn and a small orchard. Beyond the garden can be found the paddock which extends to about 3 acres and slopes gently down to a stream with a small mature copse in one corner. The paddock has its own separate vehicular access from Stone Hall Lane. There are 2 stables and a hay/feed store.
Poole House occupies an attractive rural location within the Quantock foothills, in the popular village of Enmore. Here can be found a highly regarded Primary School, Parish Church and Pub. The larger regional centres of Taunton and Bridgwater are also readily accessible. The Quantock Hills have been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and they provide miles of footpaths and bridle ways, ideal for those with walking and riding interests. The property is also adjacent to Enmore Park Golf club.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 9694372. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by James Gray Estate Agents, Taunton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.