5 bedroom detached house for saleBroad Oak, Heathfield
- Privately located on Swife Lane
- Easy access to Stonegate station
- Beautifully presented house of mixed ages
- Stunning gardens
- Delightful lake and chain of four ponds
- Beautifully maintained woodland
- Traditional double garage and workshop
- Convenient for Heathfield and amenities
A beautifully located country house in this peaceful favoured rural location with southerly views across a spectacular lake and unspoilt farmland, together with about 8.1 acres of principally woodland and a further chain of ponds stocked with a variety of fish. EPC D
Broadhurst Farm is a very appealing detached country house dating from 1890 and extended over the years to form a very comfortable and well-appointed family home. The elevations are brick, half tile hung beneath a tiled roof and there is oil-fired central heating and double glazing throughout.
The main features are:
- Delightful reception hall with oak floor and oak staircase to first floor. Cloakroom with basin and WC.
- The excellent drawing room has full height and length glass windows and doors overlooking a terrace, the garden and wonderful views of the lake; handsome stone and brick fireplace with wood burner.
- There is a useful study and the dining room has a shelved wine cupboard.
- The sitting room has an open fireplace and is adjacent to the breakfast room which in turn adjoins the fitted kitchen and useful utility area.
NOTE: Planning consent reference number WD/2014/2527/LDP exists for a single storey rear garden room extension to the kitchen.
- The bifurcated oak staircase rises to a landing and the principal bedroom with en suite shower room. Guest Bedroom 2 also has an en suite shower room.
- There are three further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
GARDENS, GROUNDS AND FISHING LAKES
These form a wonderful setting to Broadhurst Farm with gravel drive approach and parking area in front of the house. To one side is a timber double garage with workshop, behind which is a small vegetable garden with greenhouse. A path bordered with rose and other flower beds and areas of lawn leads to the front door.
Running adjacent to the south and north-east elevations of the house, a terrace overlooks the sweeping lawns which lead down to the impressive lake, stocked with rainbow and brown trout, with smaller side pond and pumped waterfall.
Beyond the top lake is an area of rough grass which could be formed into a fence-enclosed paddock. There is an existing stable block close by with two loose boxes and concrete apron.
The top lake links with a chain of four further ponds, stocked with carp, specimen perch and rudd, each set within an established woodland known as Marlpit Shaw. This has been beautifully maintained by the current owner, is free of public footpaths and is a haven for wildlife.
The gardens and grounds extend to about 8.1 acres.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63216055.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT170150. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle - Sales. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.