6 bedroom detached house for salePedmore Hall Lane, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY9
- Private 47 acre estate
- Adjoining two bedroom coach house
- Leisure complex with heated indoor swimming pool
- All weather tennis court
- CCTV, security alarm system, and electric gates
- 11,177 sq. ft.
A rare, substantial and beautifully presented private 47 acre estate
This impressive property offers three ground floor reception rooms and four bedrooms, including a superb master bedroom suite and kitchen/breakfast room.
The adjoining coach house provides further private accommodation of two bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room, family room, cinema room and kitchen. The leisure complex incorporates a heated indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, cardio and weights room and steam room.
Outside there is a state of the art all weather tennis court, excellent gardens and grounds. The main residence offers CCTV, security alarm system, secure electric gates, integrated speaker system throughout the ground floor, partial underfloor heating and air conditioning. The main hall features a Sonos system and there is Cat 5 cabling throughout.
Pedmore Hall is situated within its own private gardens and land on the edge of the sought after town of Hagley. Hagley is located close to excellent road connections with convenient access to the M5 corridor north to Birmingham and south to Worcester and Bristol.
Hagley offers a wide range of local amenities and further facilities can be found in nearby Merry Hill, the town of Stourbridge (which has a shopping centre, restaurants and public houses), as well as Birmingham City Centre itself.
Within the area there are excellent choices of both state and private schools with Pedmore Hall benefiting from being in the much sought after catchment for both Hagley Primary and Haybridge High Schools. Bromsgrove Senior School is within easy reach and the prestigious King Edward VI College is also located in Stourbridge. There are further private and state schools in Worcestershire as well as the surrounding counties.
Pedmore Hall also provides access to several great sporting facilities such as the golf and country club, a well-known rugby club, archery, football and other sports.
Pedmore Hall is built on the site of the original Pedmore Manor, which was demolished in 1607. Its replacement underwent many changes, eventually entering disrepair and being demolished in 1956, with only the original coach house and stables remaining.
The new Pedmore Hall retained the symmetry of the original design, but created a much more modern, light and airy property. The current owners bought the house in 2001 and have refurbished and modernised it throughout adding underfloor heating, speaker system, security system, cat 5 cabling and more.
The finishing touch was added in 2010 with a large classical pediment to the front of the house and four giant Doric order columns installed to the entrance. The property is immaculately presented and provides bright, spacious, versatile accommodation within a secluded setting.
The property has only come to market once in the last 60 years and provides a rare opportunity to purchase a 47 acre estate in a private yet highly accessible location.
To the ground floor, the property offers:
• A stunning Entrance Hall with wood parquet floor, beautiful curved staircase to the first floor and a curved wall of full height leaded windows letting in lots of light.
• The substantial Family Room/Kitchen/Sitting Room (almost 50 feet long) is a wonderful, bright and airy room, having a curved wall of windows overlooking the grounds and three sets of doors leading out to the paved terrace, a decked terrace and lawns beyond, this room further benefits from underfloor heating and air conditioning. The Kitchen Area is well fitted with a great range of units, a five door gas fired AGA, integrated Siemens electric oven, integrated Siemens dishwasher, integrated Siemens combi microwave oven, integrated Smeg American style fridge freezer, further integrated Siemens fridge and a five burner gas hob. There is a central island with granite top, inset basin, storage under and breakfast bar. In this room there is plenty of space for seating and dining and a modern electric wall mounted fire.
• The triple aspect Drawing Room has three full length windows overlooking the gardens, two doors leading out to the paved terrace, a parquet floor, wall mounted log effect electric fire and built-in book shelving and cupboards. There is a drop down projector and cinema screen with surround sound and integral speakers.
• The formal Dining Room is another triple aspect room with full length windows to two aspects, two doors to outside and an open fire set in impressive bespoke stone carved surround and hearth.
• There is a delightful Study with wood panelled walls, built-in shelving and cupboard and door to outside.
• The large Utility Room has a great range of cupboards, ceramic sink and space and plumbing for washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Completing an impressive array of ground floor accommodation is a Cloakroom with wooden parquet floor, basin set in marble top with cupboards under, WC and further storage.
To the first floor of the main house can be found:
• A wonderful Gallery Landing flooded with light from the curved wall of floor length windows and a large store cupboard off.
• The Master Bedroom Suite incorporates a generously proportioned triple aspect Master Bedroom with fabulous far reaching views, an exemplary Dressing Room/Bedroom Two having a door leading out onto balcony and wonderful fitted storage and dressing table with drawers and leading into a contemporary En-Suite His and Hers Bathrooms with underfloor heating, WC, bidet, two basins, stunning deep Victoria and Albert bath tub and large shower cubicle with overhead rainfall shower and body jets. There is a further dressing and storage area beyond.
• Bedroom Three is a very good sized dual aspect bedroom with lovely views over the grounds and built-in wardrobes. This room also benefits from an En-Suite Shower Room with a large shower cubicle, basin and WC.
• Bedroom Four is also a large double bedroom with large windows letting in plenty of light and fitted wardrobes.
• The Family Shower Room has a large shower cubicle basin, WC and bidet.
A spiral staircase leads down from the family room/kitchen/lounge to a Leisure Complex, which incorporates a Heated Indoor Swimming Pool at 4ft depth throughout with air cooling and air handling system, Jacuzzi, Cardio Room, Physio Room, Weights Room, Store Rooms, Steam Room And Shower Room. There is a Family Room and Entertainment Lounge which has doors leading out to a private walled paved courtyard and gives access to the original Coach House, which has been converted into fantastic guest accommodation.
On the ground floor are a generous Drawing Room, fully fitted Kitchen with dishwasher, Rangemaster range oven with electric oven and gas five burner hob, free-standing fridge freezer and breakfast bar and a Dining Room. There is underfloor heating throughout the ground floor rooms. To the first floor are a large Double Bedroom with fitted wardrobes, a Family Bathroom having large bath with shower over, Second Double Bedroom with fitted wardrobes and an En-Suite Shower Room and a generous Landing with seating space.
The property is approached through electric gates along a long, treelined driveway affording privacy and seclusion with two further pairs of electric operated gates nearer the house. There is parking for several cars along with a Garage Block with alarm system with two up and over electric doors, which can accommodate up to four cars.
The property is surrounded by its own glorious gardens and grounds amounting to some 47.79 acres including well maintained lawns, many mature trees, beds containing mature shrubs, roses and lavender, a very large wildlife pond, a small stream running into an ornamental pond, a small area of orchard, a paved terrace surrounding the house with further decked terrace accessed from the kitchen/family/dining room, a large greenhouse, tennis court, football pitch, grazing land and paddocks.
Mains gas, mains electricity and mains water. Broadband, telephone, high definition CCTV System, security alarm system, main security gates connected to telephone system, integrated speaker system throughout the ground floor. Underfloor heating and air conditioning to some rooms. Sonos system in main hall. Cat 5 cabling throughout the house.
Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council 0300 555 2345 www.dudley.gov.uk
Agents Note 1
A right of way gives access to the Roman Fort at the rear of the property.
Agents Note 2
An overage does apply on the land, which expires in 2022.
Agents Note 3
All fixtures and fittings mentioned in the particulars, along with all carpets and curtains, are included in the sale.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference COU150542. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Andrew Grant, Country Homes . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.