4 bedroom detached house for saleMistley, Manningtree, CO11
- Short walk to Manningtree waterfront and High Street.
- One mile from a London bound mainline station.
- 2053 square feet with four double bedrooms.
- Three well-presented bath/shower rooms & a WC.
- Impressive kitchen/breakfast room with range cooker.
- Designer steel radiators on the ground floor.
- 45-foot (at best) west facing garden & patio.
- EPC Rating "C"
This striking red brick period home was recently converted from its previous incarnation as “The Wagon” public house in Mistley.
The property measures 2053 square feet, all of which has undergone meticulous renovation over recent months which includes creating a second floor with two double bedrooms and a second family bathroom. Details include designer steel radiators on the ground floor, spotlights on the ground floor and in the bathrooms, and modern sash windows. Inspite of its period the house is efficient with an EPC rating of “C”.
The kitchen/breakfast room has been sympathetically designed and is large enough to include a good-sized breakfast table. It has been fitted with oak surfaces, a Butlers sink, a range cooker, a double fridge/freezer, a dishwasher and a gas fired range cooker. There is direct access to the patio and to a separate utility room.
Unsurprisingly for a former Pub, the sitting room is substantial. In the summer months it draws light from three elevations and in the winter a log burner sat within a double fronted red-brick chimney will provide additional warmth.
There are four double bedrooms arranged over the first and second floors. The master bedroom is on the first floor and has its own en-suite shower room and there is an additional family bathroom and a family shower room. All the bathrooms (and the ground floor WC) have been finished with a mix of traditional fittings and modern fittings such as rainfall shower heads, double sized shower cubicles and a roll-top bath.
The property has a fully fenced, west facing rear garden which narrows to a point and measures around 45 feet. A large stone patio runs much of the width of the house and can be accessed from the kitchen, the utility room and the siting room. Beneath the property there is an easy-to-access cellar and as well as off-street parking for two cars there is a single carport.
The Wagon is located in a leafy area of Mistley on the fringes of Manningtree in north Essex. As such it is within walking distance of three primary schools, Manningtree secondary school and Manningtree’s picturesque frontage to the River Stour.
Manningtree High Street is less than half a mile from the house and includes two supermarkets, several pubs and restaurants and a doctor’s surgery. Manningtree Mainline station is approximately a mile away where a direct service to London Liverpool Street runs with a journey time of around one hour.
Points to note
We understand the property is connected to mains water, electric, sewerage and gas. EPC rating C. The streetview representation shows the building prior to its conversion and before two new properties were built adjacent to it.
Before booking a viewing of any Bloomfield Grey instruction, we suggest that buyers view its full online details including the street-view representation, the site map, the satellite view and the floor plan. If you have any questions, then please contact Bloomfield Grey.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63453733.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 195994S. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Bloomfield Grey, Colchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.