5 bedroom detached house for saleShobrooke Mill Farmhouse, Crediton
- Fine Grade II Listed Former Farmhouse
- Grounds Approaching 1 Acre
- Extensively Refurbished Throughout
- 5 Double Bedrooms (2 En-Suite)
- 4 Reception Rooms & Conservatory
- Hand Built Oak Kitchen/Breakfast Room & Snug
- Family Bathroom/WC & Utility Room/WC
- Exceptional Uninterrupted Rural Views
- Large Detached Triple Garage With Separate Studio/Storage Above
- No Onward Chain
Shobrooke Mill Farmhouse is the quintessential English country retreat. A grade II listed former farmhouse sitting amongst glorious Mid Devon countryside with far reaching views across rolling fields and surrounding farmland. The property has recently undergone extensive refurbishment to create what is now a truly charming and thoroughly practical family home full of character.
Approached from a quiet lane through twin electric gates and across a sweeping driveway with ample parking and large detached triple garage with externally accessed studio/storage space above.
From here a path leads the front of the property, flanked by lawned gardens and mature hedgerows with open views.
Once inside, passing through the entrance porch you are greeted by a fine reception hall boasting tasteful Victorian style tiled flooring. From here doors lead to the dual aspect study, dual aspect sitting room with handsome Inglenook fireplace and wood-burning stove, the rear hall, snug and kitchen/breakfast rooms.
The kitchen has been hand built in oak with an extensive breakfast bar and Heritage Range along with American style fridge-freezer and white ceramic sink. A door leads directly to the conservatory which overlooks the rear gardens while the breakfast area leads seamlessly into the dining room and snug, which is especially pleasant on those lazy Sunday mornings leafing through the broadsheets over a fresh coffee.
A fitted utility room and WC lies adjacent making an ideal boot room.
The dining room has a wonderful open plan layout to the galleried staircase and will effortlessly accommodate large diner parties while overlooking the rear gardens with a door directly onto the rear terrace.
On the first floor are 5 bedrooms including; two master bedroom suites with en-suite facilities and three further double bedrooms plus a family bathroom/WC. One of the bedrooms is currently used as a first floor lounge open to the galleried landing.
Outside and to the rear of the property are sweeping lawns with ancient stone steps leading to the upper lawn. From here it is possible to take in the truly breath-taking views across the surrounding countryside.
To the rear of the triple garage is a small secure animal enclose currently accommodating the family chickens which could be extended for those seeking a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
In summary; an outstanding family home in the countryside with a tremendous feeling of privacy without the isolation just a short commute to the City, villages and market towns.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63714195.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 9710324. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by W2 Estates, Exmouth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.