3 bedroom property for salePicturesque country cottage in Cleeve with land
- Charming cottage features
- Sitting room with woodburner
- Dining room with inglenook and woodburner
- Kitchen/breakfast room with Rayburn
- Tucked away but with easy access to Bristol and beyond
- Ensuite to master bedroom
- Walks on the doorstep
- Double garage, ample parking and walled vegetable garden
- Glorious gardens and land
- Backwell Academy School catchment
A beautiful country cottage, set in gorgeous mature gardens, as attractive and charming as you could possibly imagine. This Grade II listed home dates from the 17th century, yet offers comfortable living for today. The property also benefits from an adjoining field accessed directly from the rear garden and a double garage and ample parking.
The charming accommodation amounts to some 1,408 sq ft and benefits from most rooms having a dual or triple aspect, unusual for a cottage of this age. The solid front door opens into the hallway with the sitting room to one side. This room has a lovely stone fireplace incorporating a woodburning stove. To the right of the hall is the dining room with inglenook fireplace, complete with an original bread oven. An attractive, double glazed conservatory has views over the glorious gardens and leads out to the rear terrace. A bathroom with separate shower cubicle is also located on the ground floor. The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with an extensive range of cupboards and has an oil fired Rayburn stove (also responsible for hot water and heating) with a Rangemaster cooker also included in the sale. The kitchen door leads out to a pretty, enclosed courtyard surrounded by stone walling creating a lovely secluded place to sit with a coffee. The utility room is located here with plumbing and space for all the usual amenities.
An open tread, solid oak staircase rises from the dining room to the first floor open galleried landing. The master bedroom has exposed ceiling beams and rafters and an ensuite bathroom. Two further double bedrooms complete the first floor.
The cottage is located in a great semi-rural location, tucked away, yet easily accessible to the A370 for those wishing to commute to Bristol. The stunning garden plot measures approximately half an acre and the rear garden is stocked with an abundance of mature shrubs and trees, making it extremely private. An archway leads through to an adjoining field, with fruit trees, perfect for the rural life. To the front the garden is bounded by shaped hedging with flower borders and lawn. There is gated access to the gravelled parking area and just along the lane is a double garage. To the left of the cottage lies a tennis court (in need of some refurbishment).
The village of Cleeve has a range of facilities including general store/newsagents, hairdressers, takeaway and restaurant. There is a primary school in Claverham and secondary schooling at Backwell. A public transport service runs to and from Bristol, Weston-super-Mare and Clevedon where there is an M5 motorway access point to London and the Midlands. There is a mainline railway station and a greater range of shopping facilities at Yatton approximately 1½ miles distant.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63719295.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100289003073. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Robin King Estate Agents, Congresbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.