4 bedroom detached house for saleOgbourne St. George
- Dining Hall
- Sitting room with open fire and beautiful views
- Kitchen/breakfast room separate Utility room
- Contemporary family bathroom and ensuite shower room
- Master Bedroom ensuite shower room
- Guest bedroom and two further bedrooms
- Well tended rear garden with far reaching views over Marlborough Downs
- Double garage and ample parking
Superbly designed detached family home built in 1985 and with far reaching rural views to the rear over the Marlborough Downs. This easy to live in home has well-proportioned living accommodation over two floors. The pretty village of Ogbourne St. George is within easy striking distance of Marlborough, and the M4 J15 and is also within the catchment area for St. Johns School.
An enclosed porch leads into a welcoming dining hall that, in turn, leads to all principal reception rooms and a generous size conservatory. Stairs also lead from the dining hall to the first floor. From the dining hall, you enter the dual aspect sitting room with windows to rear and side. The sitting room, with views over the garden and the downs, has an open ‘Jetmaster` fireplace with a raised brick and slate hearth. The fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room includes an integrated double oven, hob and extractor fan. The ground floor also comprises a study, utility room and cloak room. The first floor landing allows plenty of natural light. The large Master bedroom, again with wonderful views, has built-in wardrobes and is served by a luxurious and beautifully fitted en-suite shower room. The guest bedroom is also a double and the remaining bedrooms are also a good size. The family bathroom has also been replaced with a new suite and includes an over bath shower.
The garden is enclosed to both sides by strong feather board fencing, and enjoys spectacular sunset views notably during the spring and summer months. The garden can be accessed via the conservatory and from the side of the main house. Laid predominantly to lawn with a handsome walnut tree and a vegetable patch at the rear of the garden, the garden enjoys a beautiful view across the downs. The front of the property is laid to gravel with flower borders. The wide and deep driveway allows several cars to park. A double garage with an electronically controlled door completes the property.
OGBOURNE ST. GEORGE
A sought-after Wiltshire village that has beautiful countryside surrounding it as well as the historic Ridgeway, an ExcaliburTrust Primary School and a pre-school, village hall, church and public house. The pretty village is situated within an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is close to the historic market town of Marlborough - approximately 4 miles south and which offers plenty of shops and amenities. The centre of Swindon is roughly 8 miles to the north. J15 of the M4 motorway is also approximately 4 miles to the north. Swindon offers a regular direct rail service to London, Paddington and the south west. Other nearby schools include: Pinewood and St. Francis Prep Schools, Marlborough College, Dauntsey`s and St. Johns. Marlborough and Ogbourne Downs Golf Clubs are also nearby.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 92. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brearley & Rich, Marlborough. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.