4 bedroom detached house for saleNafferton Road, Wansford, Driffield, YO25
- An imposing family home of distinction
- Victorian former vicarage
- Designed by George Edmund StreetGrade II Listed
- Over 2500 square feet
- Four bedrooms, three receptions
- Garden approaching one acre
- EPC Exempt (as listed building)
- Superb property for a family
- Country living at its very best!
An opportunity to acquire a stunning property of great historical interest which has never previously been offered for sale on the open market. Offering a wealth of character the accommodation which extends to in excess of 2500 square feet offers a lovely warm and friendly welcome and simply must be viewed to fully appreciate the unique and high standard of accommodation on offer. What an amazing location and property to bring your family up in with so much versatility, space and exquisite gardens! The Old Vicarage is something very special indeed to which only a viewing will surely portray.
This amazing Grade II Listed Vicarage was built in 1874 by Sir Tatton Sykes of the Sledmere Estate but was designed by the influential Victorian architect George Edmund Street who was famed for his love of the Victorian Gothic style and is perhaps best known as the designer of the Royal Courts of Justice in The Strand, London. The Old Vicarage has never been offered for sale on the open market in the past and offers the discerning purchaser an opportunity to acquire an absolute gem of a property, of great historical interest and offering a wealth of characterful accommodation which extends to in excess of 2500 square feet, yet offers a lovely warm and friendly welcome. The property stands centrally on a delightful plot which is approaching one acre in size with an array of lawn, wild meadow areas, seating and a vegetable plot. This really is a delightful home set in the heart of the Yorkshire Wolds countryside and a house that deserves much, much more than a passing glance.
Wansford is a small rural village located approximately two miles from Driffield and one mile from Nafferton. There is an infant/primary school in Nafferton and the railway is within walking distance of the property.
The nearest town is Driffield which itself is centrally situated within very convenient access of the coast (12 miles), Beverley (12 miles), Malton (15 miles) Hull (20 miles) and York (28 miles). The town benefits from an excellent range of shopping facilities with major high street chains including Tesco, Boots, Superdrug, Iceland and Wilkinsons being supplemented by more individual local shops. The town offers good road links to the surrounding area as well as having its own railway and bus stations. There are two infant’s schools, a primary school and the secondary school being Driffield School which shares its site with the town's sports centre.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 9153535. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Quick & Clarke, Beverley. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.